Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a non turbo gts and was wondering if i changed the filter and exhaust would there be much in the way of power gains?

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
I would say that if you changed the whole exhaust i.e. downpipe, cat etc then you will definately see an improvement

Thats what I have done on my GTS-T and also fitted a HKS superpowerflow induction and the car feels loads better, speak to the guys at sumo they will sort you out

Pete

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
I would say 5-9bhp improvement would be a good gain by exhaust and filter on a non turbo engine.

I am interested to know before and after if you get the chance to run both times to prove what gains you get.

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ill let you know what the difference is,well if there not much difference at least it will sound good!!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
oh it should sound very cool, and a nice induction too from the straight 6 , aslong as your exhaust doesnt drone it out :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
hi mate
i have a performance exhust (zigen) on my car and had a hks panel filter on the car when i bought it which i thought made my car quicker than the standard car,but now i have just replaced my air filter with a hks super flow and i now think goes like stink !! and sounds good too

lee

·
skyline addict
20 Posts
Hi,
There are gains to be made with N/A and a air filter is a good start.
A mate and I went to the drags last year his car was stock standard, mine is modified (air filter & exhaust) both were R33 gts25 (both auto). After I kept beating him down the strip we decided to see the difference just an air filter can make. So we pulled the K&N panel out of my car and put it into his and ran it down the strip, and the improvement was immediate an full 1/2 sec quicker down the strip.

My GTS25 has a 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust system, no cat, extractors (6,2,1) and a K & N panel air filter.
Last dyno it made 112.4rwkw (150rwhp) and 475Nm of torque.

By doing the air filter and exhaust it should give you an extra 12 to 17 hp at the rear wheels by adding a set of extractors you should get close to another 6hp.
If your car is manual it will make an extra 15-16hp at the rear over it's auto counter part.

Hope that is of some help;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts