Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've got an R33 V-Spec...

Its got a stainless steel exhaust right through, its got the filters, and the ECU.

Anybody give me an educated guess about how much power it is putting out? and what is the next step?

I am thinking of getting a boost controller, but dont really know much about them... any tips??? Ideally, I would like one of those cool little blue screens which replace the centre air vents!

How much extra power would this release? and more importantly, how much would it cost to buy and have fitted?

Sorry if I sound stupid... I blame my parents :p

p.s Anybody fancy taking this job on? :D

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
I think your talking about the Apexi AVC-R boost controller. That is one sexy little unit!!

What ECU have you got at the mo?

If you pm Richard Bell, he should be able to sort you out with a unit and install it for you. Hes located in Surrey also, so probably the most convenient option for you. Anybody else in that region??

Martin

·
Registered
952 Posts
hello people

im looking at getting a boost controller. i found some that are quite cheap. i can get the greddy profec b for about 200. i can actually get hold of a lot of parts cheap. i look online straight from japan. richard i think can get all the parts from there too! plus he is very good when it comes to fitting em! i aint got the first idea.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
If you're in

Surrey there's alway Gary at GT-ART as well, he's a top bloke and has done a lot of bits and bobs on my car when I break it or something needs tweaking. Problem is, he's very enthusiastic so you are likely to end with a heck of a lot of ideas!

Always got about 20 cars on the go, but will do his best to fit you in.

Can't comment on anyone else really as I've not felt the need to venture elsewhere yet, and the run down to Thakeham from where I live is great when the weathers good!

RE Boost controllers, are you thinking of the new Greddy Profec 'e'?
Think thats got the screen. Speak to Tim at SVS, he's another top bloke. I use an older profec 'a' which does the job nicely for me on a stock turbo, but I know it can be a bi**h to set up on some cars.Oh, and when it goes wrong it defaults to 'buy a new engine' mode, which is why the profec 'b' came out I think (TOP bit of kit BTW).

Which ECU are you using, Power FC - SPeak to Gary again, he;ss set it up a beaut!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts