Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Points don't mean prizes!
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think my power steering pumps fu*ked, sounds like the bearings but have also noticed the belt is not on properly. any ideas how to slacken it off to get the belt on properly for now.
If it is fu*ked does anyone know where i can get another;)

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
Difficult to describe in just words but...

WIth the belt off/slack turn the pump wheel so you can get a 14mm socket (long) through the left of the wheel to the pumps hinge. Back this off but no need to remove.

Under all that is a slider screw assembly (behind the wheel and down at the left of the pump housing). Slack off the nut which holds the bracket to this and then tighten in the nut on the long bolt which comes out of this (behind and to the right of the wheel).

This should have the effect of tightening up the belt. Once you've got good tension tighten up all the bolts you have just loosened. Don't over tighten the hinge bolt as every time I've done this it just seems to get tighter!

You might have to remove some small hoses on top to get good access.

---------------------------

Incidently I thought my PAS pump had failed and was making a terrible noise. But the noise was the clutch release bearing that had also failed! PAS still buggered though. Depending on my garage appt. next week I might have about 2 spare pumps!

·
Points don't mean prizes!
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help peeps, all sorted now, re-fitted the belt and the noise has gone thank fu*k for that didn't cost a thing but pain in the arse job:grinno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts