1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PPC????????
Practical Performance Car

Park???????
Mallory Park to be exact. The greatest of all parks with it's sexy curves and unrelenting desire to break man and machine alike (I may be over selling it but bare with me, I've had a few shandy's)

Basically, a good friend of the site, convert, asked me to put this up. He's there with his stonking MK1 Capri, may even be having a shoot for the mag or something.

As it stands it's £15 to get in, and another £20 for track time.

Date TBC but I think May 18th.

I've had a few run in's with Mallory Park. She's a tough mistress but can put a big ole sunshine bus smile on your noodle if you treat her right ;)

This is a vid I shot from the passenger seat a couple of years back now, to give you an idea of the lap (any noise that may be similar to a man screaming were simply tyres being slaughtered, I did not cry once and anyone who says otherwide will get a swift kick to the chebs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jALAVVcdZM&feature=share&list=UUn8awVBJjGSDvStgWNkuQQA
I'll probably edit this once I get some info on club stands. And when I'm sober.

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
in - get more details after shandy mate!

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Cheers Joel, thought it may be of interest to forum members in general

My car (Capri) is featured in February's edition, and I have invited to put it on the features stand at pic in the park, and thought it may be a decent club event

Day is indeed 18th may, entry 15 quid, track time 20, overnight parking a tender a night, so pretty damn cheap!

They usually have all sorts there, drifting demos, burnouts of which I'm hoping to take part, and of course track time, which you can take a passenger along too, for a smal extra payment!

Link to website, tickets are booked via the magazine site, I am going to email the guy who did my feature about having a club stand early new year

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/ppc-in-the-park-2013-petrolhead-heaven-may-18th.html

In case yo aren't aware, ppc is a real petrol head mag and event, so literally any car is welcome, and indeed a 33gtst took part in their £999 challenge this year!

Might be col to start a list, and as I'm in whatever happens, I will start,

1) convert

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm in if it doesn't clash with bdc, mallory is awsome I will definatly be out on track!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there if I can, love Mallory, but I think I may be in Ireland for the North West 200 road races when this is going on:

1) Doug
2) Adam B
3) Adam S
4) Joel (TBC)
5)

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Im a "maybe" at this stage! Gonna be another expensive year following the BDC (wont clash though Adam -no BDC in May)

1) Doug
2) Adam B
3) Adam S
4) Joel (TBC)
5) mandyn and tony -maybe

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just planning the road trip and I think I should be able to include Mallory on the return stretch.

Gonna be a hell of a trip mind. From my house near York, up across the North Yorkshire Moores to Whitby, pick up pappa bear, up past smoggyland over to the west coast of Scotland, jump on a ferry to Belfast, drive up again to the Causeway Coast, chill out for a few days, watch the NW 200 road races, see the family, check out the Irish lovelies, have a blast about on the bikes, then load the truck up again, head south to Dublin, maybe's stay a night there, then back on a ferry to Liverpool, then to Mallory Park, PPC in the Park and a straight run home again!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...aVeSR5SDFn3UtYQFp4Wg&oq=yo85ts&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's this weekend and I've got to be honest I completely forgot about it. I've got something on Saturday morning already but may have a run down later in the day as I love Mallory Park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts