Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If nothing else the braided hose looks nice...:cool: ...seems to go better off boost as well.

Just don't laught at the huge battery..:p

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Cool...

But what does it do??? And, can it be mounted elsewhere as my oil filter and circle earth are there?

Oh, and is it possible to hook one up if there's a feed off the plenum to the boost controller there as well?

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It adjusts the base air fuel ratios by increaseing or decreasing fuel pressure, i'd of thought you can mount it anywhere within reason i only had mine there as it seemed the easiest/shortest route for the lines to travel.

Yep you can still plumb your boost gauge into that vacum pipe..:cool:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Very nice

polished plenum by the way!

Where did you get the regulator? Sparked my curiosity now. Running an S-AFC though, and probably an emanage soon too, do you reckon its still worth having a pressure regulator? My theory is yes, but just wondering how 'base' it operates.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, took a lot of rubbing.

Got the regulator from takakaira...i only bought it cause i'm running a hks fuel pump and got some 550cc injectors that are going in as well soon and was told that it would hammer the standard fuel pressure regulator.

As far as actually setting up the regulator i had it done on a rolling road with the air/fuel ratios checked, i don't think you can setup them up properly without rolling and checking..so i'm fairly clueless to the actual level of change you can achieve..

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Bet it did!

heh heh!

Sounds like a monstrous RB20DET you have there mate!

Think I shall hang off on one for a while, still on stock pump and injectors, but until I settle on a fuel management system there's no point in going any further!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Proably the best bet, if you want to investigate the option i'm taking for fuek management....custom eprom and an apexi s-afc to trim the fuel curve i know a fella who'll blow eproms to any spec for the rb20det at 60 AUD a go...:cool:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Really...

Tell me more! Thinking of getting an emanage and all the toys but I'd need to get it set up on the dyno somewhere!

If I could get a custom job, I'd be happy! However, I have a stock ecu so I guess soldering etc would be required. Got an S-AFC already so halfway there!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Luckily my car had a socket already in the ecu so i could swap eproms at will but if yours hasn't i've got a socket for your ecu here that i don't need that you can have....all you'll need is to get someone whose good at soldering to desolder your standard eprom and solder the socket in place then slot your eprom back in....:D

If you want it let me know and i'll post it to you.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can have it...makes us evens with you lending me the afm besides it was in with the deal on the bits i bought and i'll never use it...:D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
You're

a star!

Shall I send you a cheque to cover postage?

Need to look into getting an eprom programmer etc etc now, shall have a look thru that site.

Does it go in a specific way or will it be obvious?

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries bud...:cool:

Don't worry about postage it'll only be like 50p anyway and yep its fairly obvious theres only one place it can go, if your at all worried about doing it most tuning shops that do chipping will do it for anything from £20 to £60.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Cheers!

I'll try and find an electical place to fit the rom holder and then see if I can get a ROM to suit my car from that place in the link you posted. I presume in the interim I could slot the factory rom into the holder?

PS this is turning into our own wee thread!

Off out in the pleasant southern evenin air now, but no doubt post more later!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep the standard eprom will slot straight back in, it might be best if you wait till i've tried the one i bought first just to make sure alls fine before you order one from him...but once you've got this little socket in place it makes life so much easier..lol..should've renamed it the r32 gtst tuning thread, anyway have fun bud..:cool:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Cool!

Shall take me about a week to get round to having the socket fitted anyway so by then no doubt you will be up and running!

Have sent him an email with the car's specs to see what he can come up with, so fingers crossed!
Seems to be a good way to go.... Might even get a rom programmer too, would be cheaper than an emanage yet achieve ( I think) the same end!

Take it easy!

Stewart

PS I presume you still have my address!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep still got it, if you buy a rom programmer you'll have to let me know how you get on with it, been thinking about getting one myself but all seems a bit too technical for my brain..:doh:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts