Skyline Owners Forum banner

Pro / Street Class Drag Series at Shakespeare

562 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Team Cowie 
#1 ·
Evening all

With the co-operation from, and working together with, the guys from Shakespeare County Raceway, i am wondering who would be interested in the following.

Next year i intend to organise a series which will be specifically for Road and Race Cars. i.e. It will be for cars which are also fast enough to go under the Pod's barrier / cut-off of 10 seconds. Any tubbed or Space Framed cars will not be allowed to run, as the event will be as said, specifically for Fast Road, and Pro Class Cars.

For those of you who dont know what that includes, any "Fast Car" can run. And any car which currently runs faster than a 10 second 1/4 Mile is currently classed as Pro Class....so these will be included in the running too. As said this will be open to NON SPACE FRAMED OR TUBBED CARS.

As some of you may be aware, Santa Pod have now changed the rules so that any car running quicker than a 10 second 1/4 Mile now has to compete in the class which sees them pitted against the likes of 7/8 second space framed cars etc. Wheres the fun in that, and in all honesty who in the hell stands a chance of winning anything against any of these cars....you may as well give your opponent a 5 second head start !

Everyone who puts their car into these competitions does it for the fun of it, and to see them pitted against another fast car. This is what people want to see.....not a 10 second Skyline versus a 5 second drag monster with a space frame, and fibreglass chassis !!

Anyways, i am just gauging interest......

What do you guys think ?

http://www.gtrowners.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=973

Keith

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds good, will there be the usual type of catagories like FWD, 4WD, RWD etc and any other splits in the categories like engine sizes?

#5 ·
Sounds like a good idea, with the pod's rule getting so strict for sub 10 cars there is no chance for "proper" cars if you know what I mean. The more events for big power cars, the better I think.

#6 · (Edited)
It is still early days but things are looking good,we have 4 good sponsors have come forward so far.
I will be going down to Shakey very soon to sort things out they have said that the classes will be for Road cars and pro cars but not tube ot tubbed cars.

Keith

#8 ·
Fast road/ Pro cars confirmed

Team Cowie Skyline
Mick Lemon Skyline
SMG Subaru
Zen Performance Subaru
Scoobyclinic Subaru
Simon Norris Evo
Ludders Skyline
Danny Skyline
bohnjegley Skyline

Please add your name if you intend to run the 2008 series.

I think that the 10 to 11 and 11 to 12 second classes will be the most competive.

Add your name here if you want to run in a series that everyone entered has a chance of winning. http://www.gtrowners.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=973

Keith

#11 ·
keith ill chat with my area reps and we will get some cars for this mate, how many are you thinking of, also we have lots with standard, stage1, stage 2 mods, will there be different catorgories, or a handicap for quicker and more highly modded cars, or is it just balls out....:)

#12 ·
Hi Bigchief

I will be able to tell you a bit more in a few weeks after Mick,Steve and myself have our meeting with the guys at Shakespeare County Raceway.

We want to run time bracket classes for true street cars on radial tyres.

13.3 to 12.3 sec

12.3 to 11.3 sec

11.3 to 10.3 sec

10.3 to 9.3 sec

Anything faster that 9.3 sec moves up into the pro class.

Any car running on wrinkle wall Dot tyres or full Slick also runs in the pro class

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.