Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lads n lassies, not been on with any updates for a while with my project so I'm needing to pick some brains about my new skyline project. I have been looking out for an accident damaged/stolen recovered for my gtst project & came across this 2.5 N/A stolen recovered, usual broken window barrel & airbag dash surround & clocks ,cut alarm siren but its still running. the problem is it wont go past 2000 revs on the rev counter. Could this be a limiter because the alarm is not completely intact or throttle body ? All help greatly appreciated. Will post pics when I'm back from gym.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome back mate :D
Afm is a good shout as it will be in limp mode

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks Dave good to be back , I'll try it & see wot happens. Trying to get it sorted & on the road for next meet so be pretty busy for the next few weeks but it'll be great to see yours again with the yellow kit.:dogpile:
Is it fixable or do I need to buy a new 1, & does it have to be from an n/a to get it sorted?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so resoldered the afm & will be trying it later today if I'm up in time, just a quick peak at air intake is this supposed to be a blank plug?

Attachments

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts
yes its meant to be blank on the n/a and you need to block of the nitrous port as it may be drawing in non metered air

also your tps may need set from the look of that first pic

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's a few wee pics of maf. When i was looking at the how to I noticed my board is different & there's a pin on the board that's not soldered at all, will this make any difference? it's the third pin in from the right. Also found a cut vacuum pipe behind the throttle body right where the alarm siren is mounted, they probably hit it when cutting the siren wire's.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes its meant to be blank on the n/a and you need to block of the nitrous port as it may be drawing in non metered air

also your tps may need set from the look of that first pic
Thanks bud, put afm back on & either its goosed completely or its something else,if anyone has a spare I can check it with I'd be much obliged. How do you set the tps wouldn't know the first thing about it? Cant find a sticky on it bud.:cheers:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
yes mate any ideas? & how can you tell from a pic a wouldn't be able to see it if you pointed it out n circled it with red pen lol.
:sorry:
I have a vid of it running but not sure if I got the dash in it I'll put it up n you can have a wee look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyj-f3RZSnU

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers matt, hi guys someone picked up my n/a skyline from where I was storing it if anyone see's it in a scrappy or on the road can you let me know asap? my chassis no. is ecr33-000294

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think so mate I was storing it at the place I bought it from, & i phoned up yesterday to be told the boy released it to someone with a wagon, getting him to check cctv & going to inform police.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
I think so mate I was storing it at the place I bought it from, & i phoned up yesterday to be told the boy released it to someone with a wagon, getting him to check cctv & going to inform police.
Someone in there will need to pay you for that mistake

1 - 20 of 21 Posts