Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

A friend of mine asked me to post this cause he has problems with his R34 GTT and really needs help!!!

His car is quite heavily modified and going to be mapped now.

Mods: hks exhaust manifold, turbo elbow, downpipe, decat, hks cat back, hks turbo, Z32 AFM, induction kit, FMIC, bigger injectors, metal headgasket, fuel pump, splitfire coilpacks, iridium plugs, oil catch, valve springs, tomei cams (inlet&outlet), AVC-R, Power FC and everything else I forgot....

Problem:
The AVC-R is set to 1.2 bar of boost. The engine builts up boost nicely till it hits 5.000-5.500 rpm. There the boost drops down to 0.8 bar, holds it, but doesn´t rise anymore! WHAT COULD IT BE???

On the Dyno it did 390hp without mapping! Then he realised a small crack in the exhaust manifold. Welded it, put it on the Dyno again and did only 370hp - still not mapped! But boost problem didn´t change in any way after welding. He just wants to make sure that everything concerned his "hardware" is ok, before he tells the tuner to start mapping it.

Please help...:werd:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Has the AVC-R been properly set up as you can set rev dependant boost and gear dependant boost.

I assume intercooler etc are all up the job of flowing that much?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about the rpm specific boost control and already told him to check this and he told me it´s set up correctly. So thanks for your reply mate!!

Any other ideas please?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts