Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my speedo works fine. The only thing is, when it snows or is a cold rain it seems the speedo completely stops working. I am sure this has to do with the sender because on the dry it is fine. Where can I find the sender on the R33 GTST Manual? Is it on the gear box?

Note: The roads now have salt on them, could this possibly be the real issue when it has moisture?

Thanks a lot,
Austin

·
Registered
276 Posts
there are 3 connectors on top of the gear box the one closest to the engine I believe is the speedo pulse generator, the connectors are famous for letting in moisture ( I battled with mine for a while, exactly the same thing).
If you have not got ramps then put your car on the kerb and the connectors are half way down the car ( under the drivers seat), to make life easyier undo the 10mm bolt and that will give you more slack on the cables, disconnect and dry then reconnect and weather proof the connector (many various ways of doing it).
works every time

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.