Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the story so far.

Series 2 GTS-T with a Greddy FMIC, Apexi Power FC and commander plus boost controller. Car was working perfectly running really well but more power needed so time for an upgrade. Heres what's been added

GT3037R top mount turbo.
Q45 AFM
custom made 3" downpipe
Decat
3" stainless exhaust
550 cc injectors
1.6mm greddy head gasket
Tubular manifold.
Intercooler pipes reworked.
Open dumpvalve
Walbro fuel pump
New plugs
New oil
New water
Custom water and oil feeds to the turbo.

Heres the problem.

The car fired up first click but then died. I adjusted the idle screw to get it to tick over - no problem there.
When I give it a bit of gas it just seems to die and certainly wont go over 2000 rpm.
I cant find any air leaks.

Any ideas what could be wrong or do I simply need a remap first?

The other problem I found is that no water is coming through to the turbo. I can't seem to work this out either as the rad is full and the feed pipe is quite low down on the block.

I just need a bit of advice before I start pulling things apart again.

Thanks in advance

·
bla
17,374 Posts
that turbos huge, what power you aiming for, what rpm does it come on ful boost???

definately sounds like an air leak, maybe an intercooler pipe has blown off.....

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I run a 1.8mm head gasket, if you want to go above 1.2bar on a GTS you need to lower the compression, with his set up now he could run 1.4bar safely.

The water problem sounds like an air lock.

As for the idiling like RSP say check the AFM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The AFM reads about 1.2 volts at idle.

Is there an easy way to check for air leaks?

How do I go about getting rid of an airlock?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that turbos huge, what power you aiming for, what rpm does it come on ful boost???

definately sounds like an air leak, maybe an intercooler pipe has blown off.....
err, what boost? I can't even get it rev!

I think 350-370 bhp should be attainable if I can get the bloody think to work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not saying that is the limit . I just think that 370 would be sufficient and safe on stock internals.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
if i am looking for an air leak i spray a mist of wd 40 around pipe work while its running and its soon evident where the leak is, as for air in system jack front of car up on header tank side so tank is heigher than rest of water level, put heating on full/hot and keep squeezing pipes whilst topping up with water , some times it takes a while so be patiant......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, sounds like a start anyway. I'm just wondering why there would be air so low down in the engine. Seems a bit odd.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Idle now sorted. I just needed to change the setting in the apexi. My next problem is no boost. Any ideas?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts