Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys and girls the new/similar problems with the motor,:disappointed:

it was spitting like mad which i striaght away thought it would be sparks or coil packs as its been sat for the last 5 months in my garage.

New sparks from Albert at Knight Racer, take old ones out and No.5 cylinder spark was really black and looked corroded like its been flooded and was sightly wet from fuel by the smell of it and obviously the problem to the misfire!

Took car out for a drive and seemed all back to normal after seeing off a Scooby WRX aswell all was well!!:dogpile:

Took it out again today for a run to pick mother up from doctors and gave it a lil boot and started spluttering again at high boost????? Maybe sparks need regapping again as i did this last year and it sorted problem but that cylinder 5 with the manky spark plug is always playin on my mind, maybe compression has been lost??

Got home tonight from going out for a drive and still spluttering every now and again at high boost and once i was home it was chugging out bits of white smoke and gave it a rev and more white smoke came out??

What do you guys think has gone?? Head Gasket or compression from No.5 cylinder causing all the problems????

Help please guys, need to get this sorted before Marham on 18-19 april!! :confused:

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sod the car hows ya mum mate not to serious i hope
Yeah she fine, had a historectomy 6 weeks ago so she just went for a check up and all fine and she can go back to work slowly when she wants but not to push herself to much to start with.

Anyways car needs sorting bud, need to know whats wrong with it, dont think i will be coming to diner meet now with it acting like this, gutted, was well looking forward to going!!:disappointed:

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
White smoke is usually due to water getting in to a cylinder, head gasket, cracked block or a cracked head, I hope that's not the case thou'
Sounds about right to be honest, white smoke, spark plug came out wet/corroded, sounds like summit is ****ed somewhere into the 5th cylinder!!!:disappointed:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Is it actually white smoke or steam Mikey?

If its steam it may be the head gasket

If its White smoke it may be a turbo, hows it boosting?

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it actually white smoke or steam Mikey?

If its steam it may be the head gasket

If its White smoke it may be a turbo, hows it boosting?
Boosting perfectly ok bud except when its misfiring!!

Prob more steam lookin then chunky white smoke!

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If its a suspected head gasket you can get it pressure tested!
ok bud will see if i can get it pressure tested see what happens, well gutted wanted to take it out this weekend to Diner meet!! :disappointed:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Really sounds like HG to me bud :(

·
5,050 Posts
mate it happens thats what its all about our toys break thats the way it goes

get her pressure tested and get it sorted

come to the diner meet as planned in your winter ride

cheers toast

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
If you need it pressure tested Mikey I've got a good garage by me can have a look at it for you :)

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I would also check the injector plug on that cylinder, My mate has a 33 gtr and the injector plug was poorly fitting and that caused wetting of the plug and a intermittent miss fire.
worth a shot

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would also check the injector plug on that cylinder, My mate has a 33 gtr and the injector plug was poorly fitting and that caused wetting of the plug and a intermittent miss fire.
worth a shot
Cheers bud will have a look at that also!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts