Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a thought but seeing as there is a new post today about conceptua and following last weeks events with suicide performance maybee a sticky somewhere about how to deal with a problem with traders before posting up a thread? time frames and course of action maybee? just seams that people are putting there problems into a thread and possiably damaging traders reputations unduely? i know its good to read these things when there is a genuinly large and common problem but to my mind unfortunatly nobody is perfect all of the time.

T

·
0 Posts
True statement, but there's a reason the Admin team choose who trades on here and not.
In saying that the traders get moderated same as any member who steps out of line (so to speak). I'm off to bed. :)

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know they do mate and its good and admin do a great job (no ass kissing intended) but thats why i think that there should be a course of action like a member of admin to pm first and then after say 2 weeks if the problem still isnt sorted then a thread maybee posted to the rest of the forum. it just seams like people post up before contacting admin about the problem and seeing as our trader are so specially selected my view is they should be given the oppertunity to redeam themselves before there reputation is damaged. just my thoughts though. :hippy:

T

·
0 Posts
Again a fair statement, but the problem is mainly bandwagons. (personal opinion) and how fast people jump on them. ;)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
if people didnt start threads then we would not know the problems they have with traders.

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
Tigger you guys certainly seem to have your hands full at the minute and Its a job I certainly wont like to do.

Its a tricky one because as much as us we all want to be made aware of possible trader troubles, we have to be so careful not to damage and slander traders. The power of the internet can be very damming and easily send a company into disrepute.

I personally dont like to see cases between traders and customers being discussed to excess on the open forum as I think it just adds insult to injury and only aggravates a situation.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
the mods always try and resolve the problems first with members and traders but it wony always finish in a happy way as has been seen recently.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:werd:well am not happy iv been told that am a trader just because i put my evo 5 up forsale looking for another skyline why has this happen,now i cant send any pm or look to buy any cars as big cheif has stoped all this

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
if anyone has a problem with a trader then contact one of the admin/mod team it isnt that hard to do and we will do ur best to help but if we dont know about it we cant do anything.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
:werd:well am not happy iv been told that am a trader just because i put my evo 5 up forsale looking for another skyline why has this happen,now i cant send any pm or look to buy any cars as big cheif has stoped all this
like justin said

most of your threads are selling stuff and its been like that for the past three years and you wonder why you look like a trader.

·
Registered
197 Posts
thats a load of rubbish iv had r32gtr and r33gts am a member on the mlr as iv been last few years with evoes yes iv sold about 5things which i put up on mlr also ,id rather sell my spare bits to guys on the clubs than ebay them,since iv been on this forum iv sold about 6 things in five years,yes i dont say much in other sections as i no longer has skyline but am on look out for another thats why i advertised my evo,looks to me theres a few kids on this forum who are sad to say am a trader when iv sold a handfull of things.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
kid?

get your facts right

do a search yourself and you will see why people think your a trader

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Right guys we think we have finally devised a solution to the ongoing problem of how to deal with trader disputes.

Jousting.

(1) Only traders and complaining customers may ride in a joust.
(2) The driver must own his own skyline and equipment (as he may lose said skyline if he is unsuccessful at his joust).
(3) At the signal (usually a trumpet charge), the opponents drive at each other, carrying only a lance and a shield, along the right-hand side of a bit of armcove.
(4) You may use three lances in each jousting match. Once your three lances have shattered, the jousting match is over. However, the drivers usually continue their battle on foot, using swords and/or daggers.
(5) You receive one point for breaking your lance on your opponent's bonnet.
(6) You receive two points for breaking your lance on your opponent's windshield.
(7) You receive three points for knocking your opponent off from his car.
(8) A forced ejection ends the match.
(9) If you do not break your lance, it is considered a glancing blow, and does not count for points, unless you manage to eject your opponent in that charge.
(10) If a driver falls, only his own area rep may physically help him. When he breaks a lance, only his own area rep may hand him a new one. During the match, only the drivers area rep may talk to the driver, and only when resetting the car for the next charge.
(11) In the event of an ejection, the winner may choose to either take his opponent's car and forum t-shirt (to use himself, or sell, as he sees fit), hold his opponent for ransom, both of the above, or neither. It is the winner's choice what he shall do should that event occur.

Hopefully this will help matters :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
thats a load of rubbish iv had r32gtr and r33gts am a member on the mlr as iv been last few years with evoes yes iv sold about 5things which i put up on mlr also ,id rather sell my spare bits to guys on the clubs than ebay them,since iv been on this forum iv sold about 6 things in five years,yes i dont say much in other sections as i no longer has skyline but am on look out for another thats why i advertised my evo,looks to me theres a few kids on this forum who are sad to say am a trader when iv sold a handfull of things.
You are joing right, I'll tell you what why doesn't everyone including yourself click and have a look for threads started by cs32 in your profile and see how many threads aren't in the for sale section.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
so your telling us all your not a trader even though 45 out of 63 threads of yours have been in the for sale section??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts