Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted Yellow Stuff pads and BDA 4000 6x6 front discs.... just have to say after bedding in I was very impressed with them.... so thought Id take it for a blast on some nice back roads....

... when cold they were good... biting nicely etc.....

.... however after about 4/5 times they wouldnt bite at all!... and were pathetic.... Ive never experienced anything like it before... (previous car had standard discs and Ferrodo DS2000 pads) They cooled down and they were like they were before...

... I would of though it would be the other way around... better when hot!

Anyone else had problems with them before? Think I'll be giving them a go for a bit longer... no back road blasting though!! and not fully confident in them... wasnt even a gradual change.... jsut BANG sod all brakes...

Anyone got a good price for Ferrodo DS2500s?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unsure whats in there in all honesty.... level is fine though....did cross my mind that it may be boiling but never experienced the problem with the previous brakes

·
Registered
359 Posts
Now yous pads are working at higher temeratures the brake fluid is more likely to boil, change it to 5.1 and you should see a vast improvement. :grinno:

·
Nurburgring 2009 cumon
1,088 Posts
i run them, cant fault them.

What about your fluid?
I am the same I have used them for 2 months now including a session at castle cimbe and had no problems..:drivin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts