Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

When setting up the Profec B, are you suppose to use the standard I/C nipple to connect the B/C Solenoid to?

Wisecobandit pointed out to me that this may not be correct (Cheers dude). The Profec instruction tell you to connect the piping from the B/C to the pipe going to the intercooler. However, the nipple that i have used is on the return pipe (to the inlet manifold).

Could this cause problems?

Has anyone else installed a B/C in this way, using the nipple on the return pipe?

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
I had a barrel of laughs with mine!

Is it a Profec B Spec 1? with the turny nobs?

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,

Thanks for the pm pork, its a spec 2, but should have the same principles.

I would just like to know if putting the piping in this way can cause probs (i.e. overboosting ;))

M

·
0 Posts
:doh: I;ve got the older one!
There are 3 pipes on the new ones aren't they - mine is much simpler.... sorry :sorry: sure someone else will be better educated...

I drove around with a screw in the solenoid pipe for a week and it didn't damage anything but there was no stopping the boost lol !

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hey Nino Just found out the answer after taking a feed off the pipework between the turbo and i/c and its hasnt made a difference to the boost problem we have.

HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE TO ALL OF YOU........

The oe take off nipple to the actuator/boost solenoid (for the turbo/solenoid) is in the i/c pipe which returns to the plenum chamber.In effect the pipework is after the air has already travelled through the i/c

In the greddy profec instructions it says the correct place to take off the feed/nipple should be before the i/c
On some of the Aussie sites it is mentioned more than once about possible problems and false readings on boost gauges etc if the feed to them was taken after the i/c.

Seeing as though i have a FMIC and am using most the the oe pipework which has been extended i wanted to see if it would eliminate my problem with boost creep/high boosting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts