Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a while so thought I would show some pics of the progress so far with the new motor :) Bought it off a guy on here known as Rob_trevor.

How it started off 5 months ago !!

Didn't like the bumper and skirts and well kinda off ruined them coming out of a garage on the M180 to hull Doh!!

Front Indicators needed replacing so managed to get a set from good old ebay :D

New intercooler was bought and fitted after ERM a lot of fooking about in fact 9 hrs :shock: Also from the pics on a thread here, got the hole in the wrong place so now have an L-shaped hole in the wing. OK not so good but has now come in handy and will be filled when I drop the intercooler lower.

Anyway bodykit bought and ready to be sprayed and fitted.

Well things didn't go to plan, found rust under the side skirts that needed to be treated :thumbsdown: then side skirts didn't fit correctly :( so instead of being a £300 job and a few days it remained there for three weeks until the new skirts arrived from poland and whilst the rust was being taken care of. now near enough £600 :thumbsdown:

New wheels arrived whilst the car was in the bodyshop :bigthumb:

Not happy with certain parts :dunno: Still need to sort the height of the intercooler out, The entire car needs Claying as it's been in the bodyshop 3 weeks and is covered in a thin layer of crap that makes the car look grey, Not happy with one of the side skirts has dimples in it :wtf: Need to decided what I am doing with the number plate too :wtf: But here you go !!!! will take some pics when i have it all sorted !!!

Side skirt has been resprayed now :rolleyes: And almost all is well. just those other bits to sort out and we are on our way to skyline heaven :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
25,981 Posts
very nice car mate i like it a lot

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh another white one .......
Afraid so fella :naughty: but best colour for a R33, R32 black, R34 Blue.

Not sure why maybe Blame Gran Turismo and Nissan :dunno:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Afraid so fella :naughty: but best colour for a R33, R32 black, R34 Blue.

Not sure why maybe Blame Gran Turismo and Nissan :dunno:
lol, i know its the best color, thats why i have one, lol.... just wish people would stop buying white ones, lol.....

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah they look well in white, and thats a sweet one, the new rotas look very well indeed under her. What exhaust is that? The twin pipes are standard i know but they look larger?
Couldn't tell you fella, Have looked for a name on it but nothing, is a full straight through decat with 3" twin exits. Came with the car and assume was put on in Japan.

As for other things to do, Get some nice carbon mirrors for it, Want a Trial rear bumper but to get one here and fitted sprayed would be around £400-£500 bit expensive for a bumper. Boost controller and gauges to be added plus I am thinking of going to dastek to have a piggy back ecu installed. But still looking into the best option for engine management,

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lowered front mount this weekend, Looks 10 times better, Having a new intake made up to get rid of the recirc and get the BOV back in place :) now to go buy them Carbon Mirrors :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice car, not that i'm baised against white or anything lol, the exhausts look very godzilla (ish) bet they are loud :) we have big problems with my kit took twice as long had to be radically altered and cost the best part of 1k with the intercooler fited :(

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice car, not that i'm baised against white or anything lol, the exhausts look very godzilla (ish) bet they are loud :) we have big problems with my kit took twice as long had to be radically altered and cost the best part of 1k with the intercooler fited :(

Had problems with my kit too :rolleyes: needed filling in certain places and well lets say I'm not happy with it, but I can however sort these problems, just a bad fitting design could do with a few extra lips adding here and there just to make fitting easier. Intercooler is almost done, just waiting on new Intake so I can get the BOV remounted rather than the recirc ( hand made by a mate ) also few bits of silicon hose being made up right now for fitting the intake and the FMIC as for some reason mine seems to be 2 inch lower than others :rolleyes: but it's all a learning curve and I'm enjoying it.

Just made the list up for a full service and plan on doing that alongside the painting and undersealing of the car within the next few weeks.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
simple(i appreciate how much work wnt into it) and very well done,it does look brilliant,almost could be oe,dont know what you are going to do about the plate,it looks best without a plate ruining the clean nature of the look

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Im liking this a lot mate!

Dark wheels on white cars look the biz!

I was just wondering how well the front bumper fitted and how hard was it to actually fit?
As ive just bought the same one for mine. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Nice car - one question though, did you purchase it in Lincoln? Those first two pictures look very familiar!
Yes Fella, bought it from Rob @ Mr Tyres

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im liking this a lot mate!

Dark wheels on white cars look the biz!

I was just wondering how well the front bumper fitted and how hard was it to actually fit?
As ive just bought the same one for mine. :bigthumb:
It fits fairly well and looks alright as long as it is sat right, if not you get a gap around the front of the headlights. Really wish makers would just add that extra lip to stop things like that.

Three bolts under the centre vent between headlights, 2 bolts through the wings, job done :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's looks the nuts mate. If it were me i'd add a bigger spoiler, GTR style or something.
Have yet to find one I like and I have said too myself that in now way will there be anything GTR on it, It's going to be different and not a GTR lookalike (just my way of thinking, Like having a BMW 328 and trying to make out it's an M3 It aint and never will be)

Thinking A fairly suttle spoiler in carbon would look good, Even same as mine in Carbon, to go with carbon mirrors and the overall black and white look it will have .

ANYONE SEEN any or know of somewhere that could do this ???

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.