Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my list of what I want to do for my Skyline! It's full of dreams and ideas, and is likely to cost more than all of my vital organs on the black market! xD

Alrighty, I currently have a R33 Skyline GTS25 coupe in auto, I bought it with the intention of modding it into a turbo manual, but money has not been my friend since I bought it and my mate wants to buy it so I can buy a stock manual turbo!

Plans I have for it are:

Exterior:

GTR/BN Blister wide style guards front and rear.
Top Secret front bumper.
Do Luck rear bumper & diffuser.
GTR wing (although I have seen a Do Luck wing that makes me drool).
GTR side skirts.
Nismo Style GTR bonnet.

Engine:

Modded by Shred Motorsport :D

Base RB25DET
Front Mount intercooler
3″ front pipe back Exhaust system
3″ high flow dump pipe
Pod filter or high flow air filter
Aftermarket blow off valve
3″ intake pipe AFM delete
Walbro 500hp intank fuel pump
Link G4 Plug in ECU
Link G4 3 port boost solenoid
Garrett 3076R turbo
4″ intake pipe and Filter
Braided Oil and push lock water lines
Sinco Customs top mount Steam Pipe Exhaust manifold
44mm Tial Wastegate
3″ Custom Dump Pipe
Greddy Front Facing plenum
80mm Throttle Body
Modified intercooler piping
Aftermarket Blow off valve
Shred Motorsport Custom 5 Puck clutch
ID1000cc injectors
Top feed fuel rail
Tomei or Sard Fuel pressure regulator

Suspension/Wheels:

VOLK Racing CE28N 18x10 +18 all round

Not sure about suspension yet, but putting some thought into it :D

There is loads more too, and it's not gonna be cheap! Lemme know what you think eh guys :)

:cheers:

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
Your running 1000cc injectors!! What sort of power you running?? Must be over fueling to hell and back

·
Area Rep
2,153 Posts
Your running 1000cc injectors!! What sort of power you running?? Must be over fueling to hell and back
It's a wish list mate.

As said, if you are only running a GT30 then some 550cc injectors will be plenty. :cheers:

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to get rid of my current Skyline first, either that or switch in a RB25DET. I plan to get it underway as soon as money will allow so hopefully in the next few weeks! Just a few hurdles first but nothing too major :)

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Ok well I have been busy trying to sort out the Skyline with no money available to put into the car, contacting people and getting a fair idea on what I have to do. Being New Zealand we have weird laws surrounding cars and modifying them, mostly they make sense but sometimes it's easy to get confused xD the car is 'green stickered' at the moment because I drove it on the road after the reg and warrant was lapsed (dumb of me but yeah lol).

SO I then parked it up, left it for a while and then a friend of a friend moved it and now the head is blown :( so I'm gonna pay up reg (only $287.51) and then exempt the car for a few months while I modify it! This is where I ran into a few snags at first, just to make sure I wasn't turning the Skyline into a large paper weight I rang the NZTA and asked them about what I would need to do in regards to certifying and taking it off exemption and being able to be certified and the costs and that kind of thing. At first everyone was confused, then I finally got an answer, certify then un-exempt! Awesome now I know what to do!

In the next week or so I will pay for the exemption to be possible, and then save for a RB25det and manual gearbox, and then fix the head on the RB25de and sell it off! Hopefully have that sorted by Nov and then can start on the mods :D

Decided on doing just these mods for now, as they will cost a fair amount and then I will decide on what to do with the car.

- 5 stud hubs & brakes off a GTS25t.
- Rear camber arms, rear toe arms, sub frame bushes and front caster arms.
- BC Gold suspension kit.
- Full exhaust system (thinking BLITZ Nur Spec R, but they cost around $1500.00 alone).
- Front mount intercooler.
- BOV.
- Lambda sensor (wide band O2 sensor).
- Bleed valve.
- Pod Filter.

After that get it certified and then un-exempted and back on the road ready for more mods!

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a bit of a play with it today as I haven't in a month and haven't had the tools to do anything with it :(

Started to take off the bumper and lights and the front guards and that kind of thing, getting ready for the engine to be removed! Tomorrow should be able to remove some more and then work out how to get the engine out and the automatic gearbox out, never done this before so it should be very interesting!

Interesting thing I found today though, the brakes on it are just damn weird! It's got different brakes and rotors than standard for the non turbo! It's got the 296x30mm from the GTS25T but they used Maxima calipers and kept it 4 stud? Very very odd lol

Anyway cheers for looking!

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Photo dump time from today taking some of it apart! Didn't get as much done as I wanted but it's good to finally have the ball rolling! Hope I can get a job soon so instead of wishing I could buy things for Gir I will actually be able to!

Here is some photos!

Attachments

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thinking I'm not using this forum correctly, trying to work it out xD if anyone can help me upload images, not as attachments please lemme know :D

Attachments

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so update time!

Just bought a few items for the car which should see it on it's way this weekend (pics will come!). Just parts for the manual conversion at the moment and once it's arrived I will see if there is anything else I will need! Here's what I bought:

- 5 Speed Gearbox (big box)
- Used 9 bolt clutch (might buy a new one, dunno yet)
- 9 bolt flywheel
- Cross Member
- Drive shaft
- Clutch pedal
- Brake pedal
- Clutch Slave cylinder
- Clutch line
- Master Cylinder
- Gear stick
- Nismo gear knob
- All bolts & nuts
- Sandwich plate
- Starter motor
- Full gearbox loom
- Rubber interior boot
- Manual speedo cluster for Active LSD 25det
- New spigot bush
- Interior trim

Hoping I can get all this done by the weekend (including the engine removal) so I can finally get this on the way!

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also went and bought a RB25DET (with AFM, turbo, ECU and loom) and a intercooler kit from Redline performance :D

All up this has cost me $4870! Been and expensive day haha

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been working on the Skyline a bit today and plan to work on it a whole lot more tomorrow! Just polished the headlights using Turtlewax Headlight Lense Restoration kit, the results are pretty awesome and at $40 something it's a great buy!

Here's a pic showing the top one done and the bottom one not done yet, to show the huge difference!

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't think that one uploaded to well yesterday... So here is a link for Photobucket which hopefully works! :D

Anyway, after trying to find a block and tackle to remove the engine I finally gave up and went and bought one! Was on special so wasn't so bad :D

Took out the engine, and found a few reasons why it wasn't running as well as it should have been! Poor engine should have given up the ghost ages ago and I am damn surprised it has lasted this long. Took it in for a service to have all the belts and oils replaced, the whole works, was supposed to have it all done. My brother who is a trainee mechanic did it for me (and quite frankly would have gotten offended if I didn't take it to him) and as a result I got a hugely discounted service which I thought was awesome, but turns out that the work wasn't all done.

I would post a picture of the AC belt but it has withered away to nothing and was just in bits all over the firewall, the spark-plugs were cross threaded and number 5 was actually not firing it was that damaged, the fuel filter was black inside from that much dirt, the gearbox fluid was so used it was black and the engine oil was thick as and the pod filter must have sucked up a hell of a lot of water because the intake pipe was severely corroded! These among other problems which I'm surprised it didn't blow it's top earlier!

But the best things require the most effort so with the awesome help of my brother in law we took out the engine and gearbox, and ripped out everything else that was needed in preparation for the engine that is coming hopefully on Tuesday!

Here's some pics to give illustration to what I am talking about.

Spot the difference! Ones an auto non-turbo and one is a manual turbo! :D

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well new engine arrived :D all looks good apart from a missing boost controller and it came with an auto ECU, which is annoying but I will have to sort out that for the manual gearbox :)

Although everything at the moment has been put on hold as I had a stay in the hospital over the weekend as I got appendicitis so I can't do anything with the car for a few weeks that includes moving anything over 5kg which sucks.

Oh well all this time in bed will allow me to decide on external mods :D tough decision on paint though...

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Half deciding on whether to retire this into a solid project, and just buy another car as a daily...

Got a laundry list of things I want to that will balance the it out into a streetable car, the only thing holding me back is lack of funds! Downside of being a student :loser:

can't decide what part of the car to tackle first, got the engine and manual trans sorted and blew $6000 on that alone (my bank account is feeling that now! haha) and it's still missing a few parts :( Thinking I might tackle the engine first to get it actually running!

So in the next week or so I'm going to look into getting the parts I need, and the money needed to buy them :D

Seems that I'm the only one reading this... Lol

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well been doing lots of homework on this, and have a set plan for the next 12 months that I want to get complete!

- Strip the car back to just a shell, cleaning, cataloging and organizing what comes out. Making a list of parts which need replacing and servicing all the other parts to like new.

- Get the shell acid dipped and then zinc coated. This includes the boot lid (without wing), doors and the bonnet.

- Seal the underside against further future wear and tear.

- Fit wide rear fenders (+30mm, going for a GTR stance so it's not over the top).

- Fit wide front fenders, GTR wing, and bodykit.

That's pretty much all I can see happening in the next 12 months, as it's gonna take quite some time to do all of this :( but it will be worth it! Going for a show worthy car :)

Anyone from Wellington, NZ be able to point me towards good places to get this done message me please!!

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Nice thread mate :) i like the 12 month list. get your interior reupholstered :) check my thread out for what i done hehe mines getting undersealed :)
Haha thanks, the 12 month list is a bit of mission! I'm now looking at getting the car media blasted instead of acid dipped, then zinc coated, then painted in Millennium Jade! Gotta see how much it costs and then save up my student dollars lol bad thing to be addicted to a Skyline when you are a broke student!

I want to get my interior reupholstered eventually, was thinking about going for Bride seats up front in black with the bride insert and restitched with lime green stitching, and getting some spare bride insert fabric and getting the inserts for the rears covered in that, and the rest reupholstered in black with lime green stitching. On top of that I want to get several pieces of the interior carbon laminated! Kind of like a thread on here called 'TR-Racing Custom RB28' which is absolutely drool worthy!

What are you getting the underside sealed with out of curiosity? :)

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately I've been unable to do anything on the Skyline since I had to go in for surgery just over a month ago :(

But my brother in law has been hard at work and has gotten most of the car done! Only 4 things left to go apparently until it is a fully legal manual turbo! Not entirely sure what though as I haven't seen the car, but getting excited!

Here's what it looks like now!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts