Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 540 Posts

·
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my 2nd R33 GTST in August 2011, she was a basic GTST with nothing really done to her so pretty standard. I took her off the road straight away and have spent the last year rebuilding her and fitting a new bodykit, GTR front and Rear but the kit was not the best fit and a lot of work was needed.

I have just recently sprayed the car a black base coat with a Violet Pearl over the top, she looks black from a distance and in low light but when light hits her she turns Purple and when direct sunlight hits her she goes a Sparkly Purple like the colour of a cadbury wrapper.

I have posted a link below to my Album on Google which shows you from Day 1 to how she is now.

Project Purple Warrior the Story so Far

Davie

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
Fecking hell that's a epic photo gallery mate , top top work it looks fecking good !!!!! So different how it started off too :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Incredible work kind sage!!! wow!! Anymore plans?
I am not particularly fond of the choice of rear spoiler but each to his own. I reckon it needs wide wheels as well....it is really gorgeous damnit!!!

·
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah loads of plans once I have finished the outside I will move on to retrain and rearrange the interior, then finally the engine and running side of things.

The spoiler has been a touch and go subject for a long time, I call it the shark fin spoiler.....lol some people love it and other hate it but as you say it's down to individual taste, I myself am not sure about it but I like the fact it's different from the rest :).

It's took me a year to get to here, I'm in no hurry so just plodding along, thanks for the comments it's the kind of car you need to see in the flesh to appreciate the colour.

Davie

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD
Add me on Facebook Davie Forsyth :)

·
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks people, yeah I am putting like a story board thing together just now but it's finding time....lol, she still needs to get cut and polished but will leave that till next summer now as she will be away for the winter soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
awesome work mate i really enjoyed going through that :bigthumb:

·
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Full Write up of the Story so Far

Ok a quite a few people has said i should do a full write up of my project so far so thought as I have sod all to do and the weather is crap i'd sit and get square eyes typing it up on here.

So I sold my old black R33 in October 2010 to a guy from Austria who came all the way over and drove her all the way back, i then bought a Range Rover Sport 4.6 HSE which was great fort the really bad winter we had in 2010 but to be honest i just missed the Skyline. So the next task was to find a blank project car to start a fresh project.

This is a few pics of my old R33

With her gone the search was on to find a nice blank canvas but in the mean time I had my Subaru Legacy GT-B TT to drive around in.

So after a few months of looking and viewing various cars i found this rater nice and clean looking R33 GTST in Silver, she had been lowered, front seats changed to horrible recaros and a HKS Induction kit fitted other than that she was standard.

So took a trip down Bradford way to view her, test drive and give her a good looking over and to my surprise the guy asked if i wanted to sell my Subaru......I jumped at the chance as this would save me money and also get rid of the Subaru. So a deal was struck I was happy and off I drove back to Edinburgh in my new project R33 :). Here are a few more photos of when I got home.

With her home it was now time to sit down and work out what plans i actually had in mind for this project, and so the Story begins.

TBC

Davie :)

·
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so after pondering on the project for a month, I had decided that I was going to do a wide arch, low, GTR look on my new project. I decided on the GTR look as I love the wider arches and whole look of the GTR but love the RWD part of the GTST.

I decided that I was going to mix up a custom colour for my car and have always liked Purple so it was decided "Project Purple Warrior" is born and let the modifying begin. I have a van for work so took the car off the road as I didn't need it and it would be easier to do the whole bodywork without trying to put it back together all the time so i could drive her, so with bodykit ordered I started to strip the car down.

Bodykit I had just ordered which included wider GTR front & Rear arches, front & rear Top Secret bumpers and matching sideskirts and a GTR style but wider boot spoiler.

Removing front end

Side skirts removed

Rear end all stripped

So stripped down ready and waiting on the new bodykit turning up in 3 separate packages the excitement was setting in and i couldn't wait to get my hands on the kit.

TBC

·
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So bodywork stripped down ready and the new bodykit has arrived, on with test fitting to see how it all goes together.

Test fitting of Rear bumper, rear spats and sideskirts.

Test fitting front wings and bumper didn't go as well, as you can see from the photos below.

front wing is longer than the bonnet

The front bumper seemed a lot wider

Front wings also had a big gap between them and the inner wings so mounting them was going to be a task.

front wing and sideskirt test fitting together

As you can clearly see the front end isn't fitting too well and looks like it was going to need a lot of work and effort to make it look decent. After a few phone calls and checking things on the inter net I found that the kit I had been sent was a meant to be a GTR kit for a GTST but in fact the kit was a GTR front end and this is why the wings were longer and had that gap between them and the inner wing.

So with this new information I now knew I needed a few bits from a R33 GTR to make things fit a bit better, so I was now on the lookout for the following items from an R33 GTR.

Bonnet Hinges
Wing Risers
Front Bumper Bar
Front Bonnet (to match the longer wings)

I was told I needed GTR headlights but noticed that there is no difference apart from a new mounting hole and some spacers needed to align these up. So I went off and onto the inter net to find the parts I needed.

Also test fitted the new wider rear spoiler but was unsure if i actually liked it.

as you can see from the last photo the spoiler didn't fit that well either so even more bodywork required.

TBC

1 - 20 of 540 Posts