Skyline Owners Forum banner

501 - 520 of 542 Posts

·
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
thanks guys took here out a wee spin today since she has been sitting since November and what a feeling it is to drive here again.

On the bad side i blew a capacitor on my bluetooth board, i think when the car is running because the volts jump up to around 15.5v its just too much for the board so need to now build a regulated 12v supply for it.

Oops

·
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
You've broken it already lol. Great job as always though mate :cheers:
lol well violet broke it she forced more than 12v on it ....lol,got it sorted already and ordered up a regulated 12v supply for it ;)

on another note i decided to play around with the apps and managed to get rid of the bluetooth button and make the app auto connect to the bluetooth when opened, so made the buttons a bit bigger so they were easier to touch.

Davie

·
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Looks nice :) How did you do that?
Just got sticker made and mounted and cut 3mm black plastic :)

Just caught up with this Davie wheels turned out better than I expected. Very eye catching
I love the wheels think they look different from normal and match my car :) you will see in the flesh on Sunday :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
Well wee update, went out to wire up the lighting controls to the tablet control unit i built and got it all working, just got the devil eyes to wire up which i will do tomorrow.

wiring........i love it :)

You can see a short video of me testing the lighting controls from the front HERE showing hazards, sidelights and main dipped headlights all working.

and a short video of it from the rear HERE showing the hazards, sidelights and foglights all working.

Once the devil eyes are wired up i will get a better short video when its darker and easier to see, now onto the next mod....hmmmmmm.

Davie

·
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
ok sp tablet controls all pretty much finish just tidy up the wires a little but there is a lot....lol. Got a new Carbon cooling panel, Alloy Rad and purple brackets to fit. Decided to paint he ADV.1 on the wheels white so it stands out more, paint calipers purple pearl and took the rear diffuser off.

GTR Carbon Cooling Panel

So wee detail on the wheels to make the ADV.1 stand out more, so from this

to this

Rear brake calipers painted Purple Pearl

also took the HKS BOV off and fitted the Std BOV back on just painted to match the rest

and took the rear diffuser off so i could jack her up t the rear but secided im keeping it off and will do something different to the rear now, maybe some spats and a custom diffuser?

New alloy Rad and Purple brackets to be fitted when the car is back from Pro Align.

Sitting pretty in the sun

so nearly ready for Japfest

Davie :)

·
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #517 (Edited)
Well went out today to remove the radiator and fit the nice new alloy one, new purple rad mounts and the blue hoses i got ages ago. After removing the old radiator its actually not that old and very clean i was very surprised.

Bumper Off

Old radiator out.

More blue hoses...lol

so with the new radiator in and new carbon panel on there isnt enough thread on the radiator mount bolts to get a nut on as the new mounts are thicker and the carbon panel takes up room too. So i cut the old bolt off, drilled a 9mm hole and inserted a rivit nut that takes an M6 bolt.

So new radiator all mounted and new carbon panel back on with the new mounts and new bolts.

while i had the car off the ground i decided to make the most of it and remove the front wheels so i could paint the front calipers.

and all back together, onto the next mod.....its never ending....lol

Davie

501 - 520 of 542 Posts