Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well considering this is a car I AM going to be keeping for a very long time(not 3 months before anyone starts making smart comments :p) I taught I'd start a thread on her and what i've done so far and what will be done to it!

Anyway the spec

1998 R33 GTR Spec 3
Impul Blast catback exhaust system
Factory Xenons
Bridgestone potenzas 245/45/R17
Rb26dett (???BHP)

Theres not much to say its very standard :gay: haha

Anyway so far since I got the car the heating wasn't working, I then discovered that it was the internal radiator so I took it out and had one fabricated up that I fitted,

Heres some of the pictures

I took out the aircon rad, it was clogged up with shite so I then hoovered it out

Clean...ish :D

I then put it all back together and its working fine, sorry I dont have any more pics of it been done :wallbash)

i then serviced the car, oil and oil filter and changed the coolant

Decided to go 5w-40 as its a daily driver, if im going to track it i'll put some 15w-50 in it.

Then brought the car down to duncan in Da autostore and had the front and rear differential oil changed along with the gearbox oil

I then decided it was time to clean down the exhaust with a sponge and use some autosol to bring it right up :D

Before

One side done

Then the whole lot, its like a mirrior

it's going up to be dyno'd this thursday, i'll then update it with picture of the sheetbt:)

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
without hi-jacking your thread,look here to what i picked up yesterday ;)

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1391958#post1391958
Lovely car man :)

**********UPDATE******************

Right some update, went down to tdp again today to get the car mapped.

Firstly I changed the oil again to 15w 50 mobil and threw in another new oil filter too lol.

Said there would be no harm to change the airfilter too so I got this pipercross panel filter from proparts and fitted it too.

Anyway robbie had the car ready to be mapped for 95 ron and discovered that the bracket that holds the CAS unit in place behind the cam belt cover was loose for some reason, He then removed it to find that the bracket itself, which is made of cast, had somehow or other bent and had snapped. The CAS unit was basically not fixed properly in place and was moving which could of caused the engine to basically **** itself as it would snap the timing belt etc. So he replaced the bracket and got it mapped up. yet again thanks again for noticing that It would have costed me alot more if you didn't :eek:

Previous figure was 344.9BHP and 328.0lbft of torque set safely @1 bar

The car is now producing 377.3BHP and 350.3lbft on 95 Ron @0.95 bar

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
woah thats mint,those figures are at the wheels right? damn i need to get my car re-mapped,only got 360bhp at the wheels :p,need new coilovers first though :(

you said you've only just got a cat-back? if so your a lucky mofo with that much bhp,didn't u say it had low mileage? that must have helped!

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
woah thats mint,those figures are at the wheels right? damn i need to get my car re-mapped,only got 360bhp at the wheels :p,need new coilovers first though :(

you said you've only just got a cat-back? if so your a lucky mofo with that much bhp,didn't u say it had low mileage? that must have helped!
333bhp @ the wheels :)

Whats wrong with your coilovers?

Yeah just a catback, the engine is mint it was rebuilt 10k kms ago and usually sits at 4kg on the oil pressure gauge all day long its a very good engine

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.