Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nickname held on www.hampshirejapcars.co.uk so here it is... from start date 26/10/2007

So this is Skyline number 2...

OK - had to be the first thing even for just sitting on the drive and not quite road worthy...

Just bought me a set of these and should be with me on monday, they aren't what i want but cash flow is gonna be strapped and these will be a good run in set with good widths and size...

2 X 235/40X18 and 2 X 265/35X18 - (New size read post below why...)

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
29/10/2007

Couple of shots of my new rims...

The effort was worth the issues...

Got a call just 10 minutes after they arrived from the wheels shop saying that they "believe they had sent the wrnog ones"... Anyway it turns out that at there fault they sent out a larger size than i had purchased, along with unpurachsed wheels nuts, and they were a different colour. Of course before i had opened them i was thinking they were trying to spoke screen me with while actually sending smaller ones in pink or anything rediculous. Turns out they are better than i had hoped. From theer they obviously had to be fitted which put me in my ore - fantastic looking. Had one side on and went to fit the other side back wheel and thought "thats od its not been balanced with any weights on this" - then realised as i lined it up that the bloody tyre was on back to front - i wasn't happy. Anyway got the other front fitted and decided to fit the back one just so the car sat even. I wrang the garage who by that time had closed for the day - typical. But over email they replied sunday morning and offered a refund to cover any costs by a reputable garage to swap and balance any problems with all wheels and tyres. So any way - the pics...

how she looked in the yard -

back home - with no tyre tread at all...

And new rims on...

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
29/10/2007

OK - saturday was a busy day with my new rims arriving as well...

Plenty of pics (couple of dodgy rush pics as well sorry) as im gonna make a step by step for anyone...

but in brief...

fitted rear strut

removed and cleaned rear seats and fitted new 6x8 180w rms pioneer speakers in rear parcel shelf and did the rear fog light conversion on the brake lights so the 2 inner of the 4 brake lights could be switch with a fog light/brake light mod.

:D Why they had to be changed...

Old and New

:D custom bracket template - All my dads work lol

Fog light conversion ready for the pending MOT...

Couple of the nismo carbon can that came on it...

my favoutire pic (mobile mechanic anyone?) - always helps to have someone prepared to got the lengths you cant (well - less in this case due to a height issue) but thanks Dad - being short really does help

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
26/11/2007

Pulled me finger out and got my Apexi Power Intake / Induction kit bought, delivered and finnaly on Sunday got it fitted.

I have to say that it is the easiest and cheapest bhp increase i've found, and the difference from standard was surprising. I new there was going to be a difference, but now she spins up so much cleaner and theres a nice little sounding note that is sweet to listen too.

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
24/02/2008

Ok its been playing on my mind for ages about not falling in love with this skyline - don't get me wrong its fun and fairly quick as standard - but something was missing from the ingredient...

What was it you ask?

:drool: - yes LOVE

Love of :boogy: :boogy: (yup - lovely sounds - in this case from the exhaust).

I have a spare JapSpeed bought from Paul a while back for the old car, and decided to wip'em over today.

All was going to plan this morning with the sun out and all tools nice and clean (not like a "James May", but like to know where everything is and that its clean and not broken...

Then - the Nismo had rounded nuts - yeh pain - but worse was the rounded bolts - oh POO thats gonna slow me down - the manliest thing i had was a junior hack saw and a dremel

So - off to B&Q for something meaner...

OK - back from B&Q with a little grinder and a couple of extra blades - and in true racing style - we're off (well the exhaust was )

So - the before...

The comparison - hopeful at this stage

The result

whoop whoop - all done

Am I happy - HELL YEH and in love too

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product. Great pictures, and look forward to seeing the progress with your new car.

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
03/05/2008

delay on funds but sorted the following...
No point in pic for this..

Just a mini update to say that the Apexi AVCR is now installed and working (actually has been for a while but now in its 5 position on the dash as I couldn't decide where to fit)

And the Apexi SAFC ii has been positioned but yet wired in - see upgrade 6 as to why i didn't have time

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't wait to see the finished product. Great pictures, and look forward to seeing the progress with your new car.
Thanks Mate - its taken alot longer than i hoped - but keep watching this thread. Its alot closer than she started to how i want her to look...

:feedback:

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
03/05/2008

escuse the quality of pics im in a rush to go out but thought i would post up quick to give you a good idea....

well - finnaly got round to fitting my Tein coilovers today (been a bloody long time coming for a day to do them)

Couple of befores and afters...

now although all looks sweet - the ride is currently back breaking - and i mean that i actually did hurt my back on a short run up the road - she doesn't bouce which is great but my god i need to soften her up
anyways - a couple of before and after shots...

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
04/08/2008
ok - so the mods begin and this was first for ages - Thanks to Robo for this - its only taken me 4 months to get it out of the shed and fit it...

only nightmare was that i snapped a stud while removing the old one

but this worked out lucky as it only snapped the head off and there was a decent amount of thread left to get 2 nuts on then after about a can of WD40 and 24 hours to soak it - it was out (few)...

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
04/08/2008
ok - first proper hands on mod so heres the progress and steps taken...

After removing the old side mount the bov pipe was removed and then the new over fan was installed. This was all easy and the next was the fitting of the drivers side pipework. All the new Japspeed pipework is meant to fit first time, so from this i new if something was out it was gonna end up being my work. But was made harder as i didn't have a fitting guide with exact measurements - so out came the rulers and pencil...

So to start with it was a matter of measuring up for the new hole to be drilled with enough for some gasket and to allow the silicone hose lip at the end to go through.

Stepped results...

test fit - this was a fantastic fit...

Little bit of underseal and industrial fuel line later...

doesn't get much closer than this...

Next was to cut away the bumper iron for the new intercooler.
However on measuring up and a trial fit of the new style bumper realised i would need to add a few cm's to allow the vents to fit spot on.

so this is the results...
Before

now i decided to change the way the top of the standard GTR intercooler was fitted - to do this i chopped the upwards facing lugs off and drilled straight through where the lugs used to be to put a couple of M10 bolts through...
Results after a couple of drilled holes and temp fit...

Next was the bottom - now the ones from japspeed would be ok - but they are way to short without more hassle - so nipped to B&Q for a length of stainless steel, and made a couple of made to measyre brackets up...

fitted straight afterwards -

And the end result...

well chuffed :D

couple of extra bits to do like get some rubber bungs under the front top mounting bolts for that extra bounce, and sort the condition of the fmic out (prob a light sand blast for now)

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one funny question came over as...
Question...
On the last pic, is that a hole in the FMIC on the left???

Answer...
i started looking at how easy the standard black finish would come off during a brew with a bit of sandpaper which was laying about - and that is just a lower inner stud which sits a little lower that the rest of the front.

If it wasn't for possibly affecting the air flow i would have considered just spraying it silver or poss black - but as it comes off easily (ish) will just clean it up

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
07/08/2008

Wll in an attempt to show i can make progress (finally) i have been sorting some niggling bits as well. And this week has been like christmas with a parcel everyday and not everything has arrived yet.

I got some legal HID's (different bubls at least show they will look better)...

Master brake cylinder stopper (actually the second one as the on on the car was corroding so bumped it for stainless steel)...
//i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/speedingpanther/Skyline/s2/07082008757.jpg

And some helicopter parts...

hehehe - love the japs and there tax void

anyways - was this...
://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/speedingpanther/Skyline/s2/07082008756.jpg

(before you ask... its a blitz bov adapter to replace my recirc valve. Its needed as my new fmic doesn't have an adapter on it (as normal) so will be an oem fit ).

Also (though no pic) i bought the first luxury for the car (ok second if you include the bonnet) which was a centre vent. You may not think thats much but when i got the car the only mod in the interior was a turbo gauge which when fitted had mullered the centre vent.

Still got some more coming so will keep you posted

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
08/08/2008
finnaly the last bit to my running problems of about 5-6 mpg should be sorted now as my new nissan lambda sensor arrived

will be in at the weekend if not tonight and she will be leaving the drive as soon as i have got the bumper vut up for the fmic and fitted it

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
19/08/2008

Did a few more bits over the weekend - mostly my front bumper which was a pain in the perverbials to say the least...

The bumper has been well made, but who ever cut the fit cut around 10mm off all round the top - so the result was having to learn to fibreglass (thanks to my Dad again who used to do this for a living so was in good hands)...

Anyways the result though late in the evening was a good fit, just needs a small amount of adjusting to get the spacing right...

The spacing as said...

Also sorted the underside of my headlights as both had worn though the sealing paint (basically matt black plastic paint). Had to wet and dry these down and sprayed them up with more matt black plastic primer and painted. Finished off with several layers of laquor. Didn't do a before and after but heres what i had to start with...

While I was preping also got rid of the awefull paintless wiper arms and sorted them too.

Along with the bumper fit I decided it was the best time to get my front ram air feed. Its not finished yet as I don't like the round front so its a work in progress but here's how it is now...
front (lower right)...

inside (and decided to go black rather than silver for this one, and while i was there i reinstalled the afm, induction kit and polished up everything in the surrounding area, of which i thought was grey paint but it was all dirt).

No pics but other stuff i got done was to fit the new master brake stopper, old recird valve is off, and new blitz bov is in its place. But i need to block off the old pipework which routed from the old recirc valve.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts