Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
new ps3 is not worth it. its no different inside to the current one that eats the disc

·
12,294 Posts
Mine did this a while ago, and reflowing it unfortunately didn't work. Bought a second hand one with a bluray fault to try to make one good console out of two, but it turned out that this other ps3 was also about to go ylod since the cooling fan goes full tilt within a minute and the blueray "fault" was just because someone put the wrong drive in it. I put my working drive in so that it was the correct drive, but it still wouldn't have it since it has to be paired with the console. :mad:

So now I'm half tempted to buy a 12gb super slim one because they're only about 120 quid, and slap my 200 gb hard drive into it. Though to be fair I only really used it as a DVD player for the past year anyway, so not sure I should bother. Besides, there'll be a new console around the corner anyway I'd expect.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
new ps3 is not worth it. its no different inside to the current one that eats the disc
Not really true although it has similar insides and parts do the same just some have been made smaller and less power hungry the first slim uses 30% less power than the fat one and the super slim uses even less than that.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Mine did this a while ago, and reflowing it unfortunately didn't work. Bought a second hand one with a bluray fault to try to make one good console out of two, but it turned out that this other ps3 was also about to go ylod since the cooling fan goes full tilt within a minute and the blueray "fault" was just because someone put the wrong drive in it. I put my working drive in so that it was the correct drive, but it still wouldn't have it since it has to be paired with the console. :mad:

So now I'm half tempted to buy a 12gb super slim one because they're only about 120 quid, and slap my 200 gb hard drive into it. Though to be fair I only really used it as a DVD player for the past year anyway, so not sure I should bother. Besides, there'll be a new console around the corner anyway I'd expect.
stuart the 12gb hard drive in new one is an ssd so has super fast read and right times i think they do an adapter for it so you can mount a hard drive , i was looking at getting my lad one but we opted to get him the first slim due to the disc tray on new one looked a bit flimsy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts