Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once again i need to ask for your help

on top of teh gearbox all of teh shoddy bodywork the squeaky PS pump the car now pulls hard right under breaking

the right hand tyre has a lot better tread than the left would that do it?

i suspect a knackerd tension arm bush could that do it ?

what else should i look for also anybody want to lend me 10k to fix this lemmon

oh ps ill get the allignment checked again

T

·
0 Posts
Tyre tread will affect it going in a straight line when you let go of the steering wheel, Get the calipers checked for sticky pistons too. Have you got any knocking or grinding noises as well?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Normally a severe pull under braking is down to a pad or calliper sticking have a look at your discs and see if one is burnt red

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
discs look alright, ill strip the calipers and bleed them, i have noticed the steering feels a bit loose on bumps and potholes etc which made me think tension rod but it was alright for a bit after i had the tracking done.

There is no squeaking or grinding not since i dealt with the squeaking from the bushes

T

·
0 Posts
They're the ones that come out either side of your steering rack mate. You'll need a ramp to check them.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Why would you bleed the brakes unless you have replaced pipes or burst a pipe

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
hey im the one asking the questions :))

surely if i remove the calipers to clean and inpect them ill need to bleed the breaks to make sure there is no air in there?
]
Again why would you be removing the callipers??? And no air will get in unless u have lost all brake fluid or replaced pipes.
All you will be doing is removing the wheels and using a flat screwdriver gently lever the pistons in and then see if the pads are free in the calliper as well,if the pistons take a lot of force to go backin then you will need to free them off by carefully lifting the rubber seals off just enough to spray something in there to help free them then press the brake a few times and lever the pistons back. It may take some time lol

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again why would you be removing the callipers??? And no air will get in unless u have lost all brake fluid or replaced pipes.
All you will be doing is removing the wheels and using a flat screwdriver gently lever the pistons in and then see if the pads are free in the calliper as well,if the pistons take a lot of force to go backin then you will need to free them off by carefully lifting the rubber seals off just enough to spray something in there to help free them then press the brake a few times and lever the pistons back. It may take some time lol
oh they were maga stiff when i changed the disks so they should slide in and out easy ???

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
oh they were maga stiff when i changed the disks so they should slide in and out easy ???
They should slide in and out easily enough mate stiff but not so stiff you go Jesus Christ there stiff

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill do the back as well then just to be sure

you guys are awesome thanks whats the best thing to lube it with ive got spray grease that says for breaks but i bet there is something better ?

hope it works :)

on the plus side just got a pay rise so should see and extra 200 squids a month to help pay for all this :))

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Because they could have been removed and not bleed?

Most logical answer as it's not braking

Tapatalk - S3 rooted
but they are braking hence the dive one way if the callipers were not bled there would be no brakes at all no pull no stopping just pedal straight to floor mate :)

ill do the back as well then just to be sure

you guys are awesome thanks whats the best thing to lube it with ive got spray grease that says for breaks but i bet there is something better ?

hope it works :)

on the plus side just got a pay rise so should see and extra 200 squids a month to help pay for all this :))
Use a fluid that will free of seized parts only no need to grease up after it since the rubber boot will protect it lol

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
but they are braking hence the dive one way if the callipers were not bled there would be no brakes at all no pull no stopping just pedal straight to floor mate :)

Use a fluid that will free of seized parts only no need to grease up after it since the rubber boot will protect it lol

WD40 then .... which is made of fish i found out

i wish you didnt live so far away you are well helpful id happily give you some beer tokens to have a look over the old bird

gota sign off the mrs can feel teh baby kicking for the first time :) :) :) :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Don't drink beer mate :) and enjoy the baby kicking mate :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts