Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've just had my ass handed to me on a plate by a Skyline :( I thought my Pulsar was quick but it looked like I was in reverse or something ( tonight, on Eastern road in Portsmouth if the owner is on here, would be interested to know the spec if possible )

Lots of respect, extremely nice car. If your gonna get beat, get beat by the best
:D

Ross
Red Pulsar GTiR

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Re: BUT

kngp2104 said:
the Eastern Road is a 50MPH limit road............

NOT GOOD
Depends on which part of Eastern Rd. Not the best of roads though whichever part.

May have been NiteskyR on here, he's from Pompey.
What colour was the Skyline?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a bit hard to tell, a sort of dark red / burgundy ? it was just getting dark when its kinda hard to tell colours.

I cam off the roundabout at the M27 junction, up the duel carriageway. I pulled out to overtake a Civic or something and he just appeared behind me out of nowhere ! Didn't know it was a skyline at the time, until I pulled over and let him pass and then saw the back of it ( briefly ) before it dissappeared over the horizon... :)

Tried to catch him, but he just kept going and going...and going... swine ! I have to say he did drive rather politely, he had plenty of chances to undertake but he just waited until people pulled over before carrying on in the same lane, top bloke.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Don't know of any red Liners in the area....... ah well, yet another one to add to the list :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
if it is a burgundy red 33 gts from Portsmouth area with an older chap driving be very aware , all i will say it has 2 turbo,s fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
firstly i no of that skyline and it has alot of power wen its mooving cos it was at pod and he could not get traction i would say 400+ in a gts if its the right car.can i ask wat power u r running in your gtir mate cos if its more or less standard your hardly gonna beat summin thats got more power and better aerodynamics?just so u no i am a pulsar owner:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
hiya ben how u been, yeh i had a standard gtir last year my mate had a standard gts we raced from a standing start i never launched and we were the same up till around 70mph but wen i raised my post mine was faster wen we raced to 135mph.we all now how hard it is to get a gtr into the low 11's it ent cheap but at a drag strip gtir's dont need anywhere near the same power to keep up with a gtr and we all no the reasons y.i recon my car on standard internals will keep up with 70% off the skylines (wen my clutch ent slippin lol) to 120mph and thats all u need for quarter miles cos times count at the end of the day........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I remember right, both cars standard have the same 0-60 times ( around 5.4s ), but you win easily on top speed with the extra capacity and aerodynamics ? The Pulsars a bit of a housebrick..

I haven't been roaded for a while, but with the mods at the moment its around 320 bhp ( standard is around 215 - 225 ) . Its not exactly a slow car and he still left me standing...

I think I could dust a standard skyline just on power-weight ratio ( 280 brake standard and a couple of hundreds kg heavier ?? ), but as soon as you guys start modding as well, no chance !

I wouldn't have thought it too difficult to get a GTR in the low 11's, our Pulsars are only just making mid 11's now at 400 - 500 bhp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts