Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I apologise in advance if the answers to my questions have been posted previously but I couldn't find anything specific to me.

I have an R32 GTS-t with aftermarket exhaust and de-cat, Apexi induction and a Blitz BOV. I recently had problems with the engine behaving like a piece of crap so I had some Splitfire coilpacks fitted as well as a full service. The engine runs fine now except for the fact that it has sod all pick-up at low revs. The car will pull steadily through to the red line under light throttle but if you plant it it doesn't want to know. Any ideas? Fuel pump, AFM? Really want to get this sorted. Would it be worth getting it on a rolling road and haviong diagnostic tests run on it?

Also, what other mods would you recommend to squeeze some more BHP out of the car.

Losing faith in my Skyline :confused:

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I would say yes it would be worth getting it to a decent tuner who can run diagnostics and check the fuelling for you on a dyno. Mine has been behaving similarly recently and i know that it was down to massively overfuelling due to something wrong in the lambda circuit but thats not to say this is the case with yours.

You can either spend hours and money changing/buying new parts and second guessing what the problem could be or just leave it to an expert who could probably figure it out and sort a whole lot quicker.

As for mods - i would wait til you get it running right first before you start with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts