Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well this place is looking a bit slow lately so thought id just wrote this post,

Some of you may know that i had an oops moment on the way to japfest and have been looking to replace my fromt bumper since! Not good but could have been 1,000,000 times worse!!! So ive been looking since then for a good quality but affordable replacement for it.
Now i had my eyes on the nismo style bumper similar to the standard but with a few more agressive lines to it, so i first thought about fibre glass but from what i read, they arent great quality and your better off paying the extra money for a poly bumper.
So after a month or so of looking and asking companies for shipping quotes...... Omg!
I found a company called kbd who offered the bumper in poly for $375. But the best thing was that shipping cost 300! Which in comparison to most other places was a steal! Especially after being quoted 750 by some other company, they have a warranty on the fitment which means theyll either send a replacement or refund if the fitment is not correct! So seemed like a good company.

So! Ive just handed the money over tonight, they said delivery should be 7 days plus however long customs takes which i also thought pretty quick!

If anyone else thinks about body kits etc then hold off until i fit mine and ill update this with a review of the part itself!

This is the bumper btw: Infiniti G35 2DR Coupe 2003-2007 Nismo Style 1 Piece Polyurethane Front Bumper

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
I was looking at that bumper too , what kind of cost for shipping ??

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ye! Me too! Just hope fiment is good, they did say theres a warranty on the fitment etc but we'll see,
Usually 20% of the part value plus fees so im guessing like £50-£100 at a rough guess
Yes hopefully it wont be too long now!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shipping from kbd was 300, pretty good tbh, could be looking at a lot more from other places though,

My onnly advice is pick the bumper you want first and then search for it from all sorts of different websites to fine the best/ cheapest
If you pick a particular bumper i could try find it on a few of the websites i looked on and send you links etc?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dammit! I miss read your post! You were looking at the same bumper? Well the postage was $300 exactly for me, id hold off till i get it to see the quality etc, no point two of us risking getting crap.

·
4,160 Posts
Yip will hold off,it was either the bumper or a lip for mine but I do like the look of that bumper...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me its the fact its similar to stock but the like seperated vents and the lower lip makes it much better, they look even better with a carbon fibre under lip too

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok well my bumper turned up yesterday!!! It was paid for and dispatched on the 26th and delivered on the 31st and there was a weeken between it!!! I have to say that i got what i paid for when it cost 300!

Ok so the bumper is good, seems to fit right, seems to be from a good mould. So opening the box wich ws suspiciously small, i found it like in the picture below, folded into three.

Now i know polyurethane was meant to be flexible but i thought this bumper was gunna be knackered!!

However!! I took it out, settled it on the front and uncurled it, its take a day and a bit and i had a heater blowing on the kinked bits for an hour or so and now, i can hardly even see that its ever been bent! So i can definitely suggest getting a poly bumper for the amazing bounce back properties of it!!!!

To show how well it bends i have included a picture of me and my brother purposefully twisting the bumper and then it being straight after. Its amazing stuff! I dont think ill ever get parts that arent poly unless its carbon fibre (for obvious reasons)
There is prep work to be done on it, it hasnt got any hole pre drilled for the fixings or the under tray or the grill to go into and the whole bumper will need sanding down before the paint.
So theres a bit of work to be done but overall im very happy with the buy

I got the bumper from kbd bodykits incase anyone wants to know and i will be more than happy to help out anyone looking at a new bumper/ body parts

Hope this has helped someone

ok so cant upload the pics here so heres a link:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

http://imgur.com/a/hnG6G

·
4,160 Posts
I did read somewhere that they came packaged up like that, for somewhere warm they say to leave them out in the sun and they will come back to shape, pity we don't get that much sun here..
Think I would be tempted to try one and take it straight to the one of the warm paint shops at work..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good news.
For the price of the postage you would of thought it could be sent unfolded.
Very tempted, but with the cost of paint it must be near a grand total cost. Did you have to pay duty?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ye thats what the company suggested to do but as sun has been missing since i got it i just had do with a small heater instead, just as good!
I think ill be giving the fitting a go myself some point soon, ill let you know how that goes

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah!!! I forgot to mention import costs etc,

The ups delivery people needed paying £136 for the duty and charges etc so ye that wasnt cheap either!

But was quick so i didnt mind

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My front lip came like that, I was gob smacked when I picked the box up from parcel force, but it went back to its normal shape overnight ,
When you getting it painted then Nick?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ye!! Amazing material! Id have a lot more confidence buying poly from abroad in the future!!

I nearly have it fitted, few small adjustments etc and to attach the under tray but i think ill get it booked in for about a months time for spraying and to fix the end of my bonnet so not too long hopefully!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts