Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

ive got two r33 saloons and they apeear to be prety much the same, however there are some differences.

one is an r33gts4 series 1 the other an r33gts auto (rwd) series 2. the series 2 has the rb20e the series 1 the rb25de.

the reason im puzzled is having had the chance to compare these two side by side there is a distinct difference between ride hights. specificaly the distance between the top of the tyre and the suspension top "knuckle" (for want of a proper name for it)

the gts4 sits a good 25mm above the top of the tyre..(and this is with over size 19inch wheels that are slightly larger than standard) whilst the other sits around 15mm.

the dampers on the front of the (lower) series 2 are marked up nissan ....?

my question is then how do i tell if the series 2 has been lowered? or is it the case that the gts4 rides higher than the "normal" gts? and they are both on standard settings.

any help would be great cheers.

si

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ride height

Hi mate,

I only bought my skyline on Friday but I have a few questions as well. After seeing your question, although I do not have an answer, I have a similar query. I took my car today and parted with lost of money to replace two rear tyres, I thought they had worn on the inside due to the camber caused by lowered suspension. After today having the tracking/camber checked on all wheels, I was told that suspension is standard. I was rather suprised at this as my R33 2.5 gts 1995 model sits lower than what I would expect to be standard. I am running on 235/45/17's all round. It may be that some carss from production sit lower than others. I must admit looking at rear shocks I could not see any Nissan marking. Lets hope a well established member comes up with the answer.
On another subject I have a paddle clutch it has a heavy feel and short travel to the 'bite' point. I do not know if i have a problem with it as, I get noise from the clutch when pulling away in 1st, especially if using higher revs to get over a speed bump or, as today, driving over ramps in tyre garage. Is it worn? It seems to work ok and no noise in reverse.
Thanks for listening, cheers.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you say your car is a gts..is it the non turbo rb25de engine .. if so the coupes of this model do sitt lower than some comparable cars im lead to beleive. (i had one) its known as the gts25s ..as it has the highcompresion engine and should make around 210bhp stock

my current cars are alittle different from the coupes (so we may be getting different info) but as the differences between each of them are so marked ..i thought it worth the asking

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
hi all

ive got two r33 saloons and they apeear to be prety much the same, however there are some differences.

one is an r33gts4 series 1 the other an r33gts auto (rwd) series 2. the series 2 has the rb20e the series 1 the rb25de.

the reason im puzzled is having had the chance to compare these two side by side there is a distinct difference between ride hights. specificaly the distance between the top of the tyre and the suspension top "knuckle" (for want of a proper name for it)

the gts4 sits a good 25mm above the top of the tyre..(and this is with over size 19inch wheels that are slightly larger than standard) whilst the other sits around 15mm.

the dampers on the front of the (lower) series 2 are marked up nissan ....?

my question is then how do i tell if the series 2 has been lowered? or is it the case that the gts4 rides higher than the "normal" gts? and they are both on standard settings.

any help would be great cheers.

si
Id think since the gts4 is awd it would sit higher( just like the awd versions of AUDIs and BMWs) But I am no expert, my 1993 R33 GTST, Type M manual sits just a few mm Higher than my 1993 GTST automatic, :screwy:

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i thought Gman-r33, so im now left with a question as to what the reasons for the 4wd sitting higher actually are? am i gonna upset things by lowering her and do i need specific springs?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
..I seem to recall the GTS S type sits lower?

Aitch

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it does, it was yourself that told me that but ive a gts4 now ...actually aitch maybe you could help me out with another question .....ill pm you ...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts