Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at cars lately whilst my skyline is off the road for some much needed TLC.

I think back to when i first started driving 10 years ago and was always of the opinion that a petrol engine would/could be solid to 100k miles with regular servicing etc but diesel engines would be solid well past that figure.

Because people are doing more and more driving these days i have seen a lot of modern cars with crazy mileage on them sort of 175k to 225k petrol and diesel.

My question is can we expect this sort of mileage from modern engines??

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Yup as long as there serviced as my dad's 2004 d5 v70 has passed 220'000 miles easily and my volvo 960 3litre petrol passed 360'000 miles easily and both are going strong still

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
I'll happily sell u a 2007 ford ka if u wish??

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Back in the old days.... Tooling and machines would be the biggest problem for producing an engine. But now you can machine and grind to.0.0001mm very easy. That's why new engines are pretty much bullet prove when serviced.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll happily sell u a 2007 ford ka if u wish??
Cheers SPEEDR33PER but I'm looking for something a little less :gay: :D

Besides I'm looking for something like a 3 series bmw or mazda 3 or something of the sort

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Hey kermit the ka is awesome!!!! Plus it was cheap enough and your colour as well,green lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a thought - and probably not something we would normally shout about, but does anyone own or know of a very high mileage Skyline?!?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Just a thought - and probably not something we would normally shout about, but does anyone own or know of a very high mileage Skyline?!?
I read about a 32 gtr in japan with over 300,000 Kim's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts