Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,just fitted my new Apex'i kit today went out for a run and its sounds nice but DAMN!!! i think it sucks too much air only 2500 revs and sounds like a hoover under the bonnet is it ME or something's not right.:uhoh:
How does yours sounds like?!

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the engine sucks the air mate not the filter,tis normal now go enjoy!!
I know,what i meant is that is really really noisy,of course with the standard shut filter couldn't hear anything but with this filter exposed make's a hell of a difference.:D

:drivin:

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
oooo yes and as koh says go out and enjoy

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i got a blitz one at the mo, it makes a sucking noise, but want to upgrade to an apexi, if i ever find one....... Would it make more noise than me blitz????

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
i got a blitz one at the mo, it makes a sucking noise, but want to upgrade to an apexi, if i ever find one....... Would it make more noise than me blitz????

Probably about the same. I thought the Apexi was louder than the HKS that was on mine before but R33Stu made the same swap on his and reckons it is the other way round. I am deaf in one ear though :(

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
metal mesh fillters sound a lot more roary(if thats even a word) than foam ones

·
bla
17,374 Posts
The apexi does look better though.... Its that vibrant red :drool: Stands out.. :)

·
Well i'll be jiggered!
1,498 Posts
@ m1ke_gtst

I got an Apexi cone filter too - sounds great.
Really only notice it after about 2500 rpm.

We gonna have to meet up so you can hear mine sometime !? :grinno: :grinno:

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its loud,went for a run around and boy it's noisy :D, i bought mine brand new from New Zealand on flybay payed £55.00 delivered!!! 2-3 days tho mine was a day late :grinno:

here some pics --->

Attachments

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
@GTSTTypeM
You can get the Apexi induction kit quite cheap from Apex Performance (Bren) compared to other induction systems such as HKS and Blitz. I bought one from him for a friend of mine and Bren did a perfect service and good price delivered to Germany.

See that´s me, I buy one for a friend of mine and me myself am still running the crap HKS one :crazy: But i can tell you that the noise the HKS one makes is unbeatable! :D

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@GTSTTypeM
You can get teh Apexi induction kit quite cheap from Apex Performance (Bren). I bought one from him for a friend of mine and Bren did a perfect service and good price.

See that´s me, I buy one for a friend of mine and me myself am still running the crap HKS one :crazy: But i can tell you that the noise the HKS one makes is unbeatable! :D
Yeah from Apex Performance i wanted to buy mine,but i Pm'd Bren and they are out of stock,hence why i bought this one,i didn't hear a HKS one probably it is,but my Apex'i on the car makea a hell of a suction noise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts