Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I took the skyline out for a blast last night after fitting new wheels, rubber and brakes and it felt great.. In fact better than great :)

However according to the torque meter I always seem to get front torque when accelrating, not massive amounts, up to 1/4 of the gauge. I've watched the R32GTR vid of nurburgh ring and that car only seemed to bring on the front when it was going around corners.

My car is a late 94, so I'm suspecting there are quite a few R33 bits in there, I've confirmed it has the later clutch.

So is this normal behaviour? Or is this what happens in the later models? I also noticed a wire going into the rear diff, which makes me suspect it has the later Atessa system.

What do you think?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the R32 that set the 8:27 time from Nissan, so should be a standard car.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
have you ever had it on a rolling road? i have a r33 gts4 saloon with (i beleive) the same system as the r32 gtr. (mine is a 94 spec one so early r33)

on the rollling road the front wheels are still drivien even though there is no slip at the rear to activate the LSD

as i understand the system there is a wet clutch pack inthe transfer box that increases drive tothe front acording to condidtions, but there will always be some drive, as the system will have drag in it

was it markedly differnet after changing wheels and tyres?

·
Registered
359 Posts
My R33 uses the front wheels under hard accelleration in a straight line too. The Atessa does not only work when the rear wheels slip, it has a G force sensor too which makes it work under accelleration as well as round the bends. :dogpile:

·
Registered
158 Posts
A little torque going to front wheels is normal under harder than normal driving acceleration so you get better traction. Mine doesn't give any front torque when leaving normally from traffic lights etc.

Atessa also gives a little front torque when the car is travelling at high speeds to aid stability. Check the nurburg video again and watch as he's driving down the long straight towards the end. You will see the car has some front torque as he's driving very fast.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like its doing the right thing after all..

Thanks very much for the info, especially that website. I can see that on the R32 I have the oil pump drive has been fixed, clutch changed to pull type, and ETS program modified, which makes sense. Is that page in a sticky? if not it should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts