Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Im thinking of coming over from the other side after owning a couple of Impreza's.
Trouble is, i dont know very much at all about the Skyline other than they look nice!
Ive seen a July 1998 R34 GT-T With the lower spec RB25 single turbo engine.
Its a silver one with the original option body kit which im told looks like the GTR R34? The car is still in Japan and has 54000 miles on the clock. Its std apart from a Blitz back box & filter.
1) this is 2 wheel drive yes?
2) What are the standard brakes like, ie, size/performance?
3) What fuel is best to use? I was thinking optimax, is OB required?
4) In its current form, what power should it be making?
5) Are they easy to tune to get more, say 370bhp?
6) Insurance, I think the car would be group 20, is there much of a loading on this, im 36?
7) What small cosmetic changes can be made to the car to make it look even better?
8) Where is the best place to find aftermarket wheels for a skyline? Apart from Blitz. This one has white wheels.
9) finaly, would this be a good model to go for genaraly?

Sorry for all these Q's but im realy abit in the dark with it all!

Gary.

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
1) yes
2) good enough , i used them on the track and they are fine.
3) optimax or super unleaded ( never unleaded or lrp )
4) 280bhp standard form with NEO
5) easy to tune, cheap not really. Speak to Abbey Motorsport re this subject.
6) Group 20, price dependent on your area and accident or points on licence, also previous owned cars will come into this calculation.
7) Whatever you as the owner feels looks good there is no rule book.
8) There are loads of places, shall we cover this another time ?
9) What do you want from a car, a street car or a track car ?

No worries welcome to the board !

Ask anything you wish RE : Skylines & this model.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Hi Ajax,

1) Yes 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer.
2) Brakes are generally very good, but if you upgrade the power greatly then alot of people upgrade the fronts to 6-pot calipers and large discs.
3) Japanese fuel is 100 Ron, the closest you can get in this country without booster is Optimax at 98.5 Ron. You can use Super too but if you have to use standard unleaded then booster is not a bad idea (especially if you are doing a track day...).
4) Not sure.
5) Very easy if you want to spend a few bucks.
6) Insurance is a high group, at 32 with full no claims I pay about £1100 fully comp for my R33 GTS-T.
7) This is down to personal preference.
8) Same as above, but look on this board for sales offers, lots of us upgrade here and sell stuff.
9) The GTT is a lovely car! :)

Regards

Jamie.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Lotta miles for a 1998 import. My R32 had 49000KMs on it. Mind you, think it was some kids drag toy. Overall, I'd say it sounds like a great car, and as with many Japanese sportscars, the tuning world is your oyster. Provided your other half and bank balance can bear it, the possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the replys chaps!
Looks like i shall be buying this, although its got 54k miles on it, its a mint 1 owner non smokers car from new.

I did forget to mention that apart from Blitz b'box and filter it also has a fully adjustable suspension set up, make of which im not sure yet.

I wont be using it for track days, so it will realy be a weekend car to use mostly localy.
This will be my first Skyline, im sure i'l like it!

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Just DON'T forget it's R.W.D. or you will learn some pretty cool lessons very quickly.
Enjoy the board, always good advice.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts