Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, quite a few but here goes.

Have been playing with the car for almost a year now, and decided now is the time to take it further....

First up.. Mines ECU or PowerFC? I can get my hands on a mine's for £450 (for sale on GTR reg), or a new AP 'special' Power FC (rare for the RB20DET) with commander for about £600.

Which is gonna be better? I know both will go straight in, but for performance result which will be best?

Also.... Got a spare turbo lying around that I bought months ago with the aim of having it rebuilt as a hybrid and I think I will do just that fairly soon. Anyone got any suggestions as to who to go to with it? Was gonna use Turbodynamics and have it steeled up.

With that in mind... Anyone know what boost an RB20DET will take (I THINK its on stock internals, although there appears to be no rev limiter for some reason). Have heard 1.2 bar touted but not sure where.

Oh, and will the stock actuator cope with over 1 bar?

Injectors too....... Will they cope or fall over? GOnna look into a duty cycle gauge to keep an eye on things but I believe 320cc is the standard?

More questions to come probably....... And if anyone thinks of anything I should know that may be important in terms of not killing the car doin all this then PLEASE chip in!

Cheers all....

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
If you get the Apexi PFC + commander, then you would be able to see the duty cycle of the injectors without extra expense.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You've probably considered this, but why not see if you can get hold of a decent RB25DET and shove that in ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
From my wanderings around on SDU and skylines Australia, I have seen that 1.4 bar is max for stock internals (eek) and also that ultimately the RB20 is a better tuning bet than the RB25, believe it or not. I would have thought that a GTR fuel pump will be required an all. Just passing on info so stand to be corrected (as usual) :)

Cheers,
Pad

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
ECU

Go with the A'PEXi. The Mine's is a static map unit that has to go back to Mine's Japan for reprogramming, and that costs five hundred quid.

The Power FC will do the job and give you room for future expansion. Which, looking at your rather mundane PC set up, is inevitable.

Only get the Mine's if you're prepared to stump up for an F-Con S piggyback when you want to go further.

And if you don't have one already, a boost controller is a must.

The stock actuator may be able to cope, but an uprated actuator will sharpen up the control. If you can afford it, do it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds cool guys... Was swaying to the Power FC (although the somewhat less capable Emanage was luring me too).

1.4 bar I can live with :D

As for Boost control, on a Profec just now so thats already covered.

I presume Power FC's come pre-mapped for the car, its an A.P. Special I am looking at (might even go for the drag one).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts