Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i searched around and found this little nifty list...

Stage 1 is roughly: Air Filter, Turbo Elbow, Downpipe, Decat, Catback Exhaust, and some way of increasing the boost. ECU fiddling

Stage 2: Your looking at other parts such as injectors, bigger turbo, fuel pump etc.

Stage 3: I would say is the full rebuild

At stage 1 on a healthy RB20DET ( R32 GTS-T ) expect 230-250 atf

ok... well i pretty much have stage 1 complete... but i dont feel 230hp... still feels like 200 flywheel...

anyway, heres my question. im looking to bring my 91 gts-t (auto trans) to about 300 wheel. and i was wondering if the following parts are all i need to accomplish that, and if not, what else do i need to install or need to do. here's what i have currently installed...

pretty much all the "stage 1" stuff, huge Apexi lookalike FMIC, and a racing fuel pump. oh and my stock turbo is at its final leg as i accidentally over boosted it at 1.5 bar wen my controller broke. i have a handfull of items set aside untill i have gathered all that is required to install before i take it to a tuner. i have NGK 1 step colder plugs, splitfires, SAFC II, r33 turbo, greddy e-manage ultimate, and im currently trying to figure out if i need to upgrade teh afm or injectors and what types to get.

i was going to do an auto to manual trans swap and buy a PFC, but i cant find the parts for teh swap... so abbandoned teh swap and PFC idea and adopted teh emanage.

any advice as to what i should get or do? thanks!

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
You wont need the SAFC if you are installing the emanage - sell it to me!
The R33 turbo won't give you great gains unless you have it rebuilt to get rid of the ceramic so you can run higher boost via a boost controller.
To get 300 atw you will be maxing out the injectors and AFM. If you are using the emanage then you can ditch the AFM and go with a MAP sensor instead.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was actually planning on installing the turbo and safc this weekend. then getting to the other bits wen i find a tuner. Im almost totally sure my stock turbo is crap now as it doesn't pull as hard as it used to.
is there anyone in the suffolk are who rebuilds the r33 turbos? and how much would it be? am i better off getting a named aftermarket one? if so, which one? and what does the MAP sensor look like, so i know wut im looking for... :p
cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do. thanks!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I'm currently working toward the same goal with my 20. Got some parts already and just placed an order yesterday for the rest. Hopefully I should be able to see over 300 once it's all done.

My spec will be:
T3/04b hybrid R33 turbo
Walbro Fuel Pump
Sard fuel pressure regulator
Intec 2-stage ecu
Sard 550cc injectors
bayside exhaust system
Apexi air filter
300zx AFM
Tomei 1.2mm, 80.5 bore metal head gasket
Apexi AVC-R
NGK Iridiums
FMIC

Hopefully the clutch will be fine untill I can afford a new one too.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i pretty much have eveything that mark is installing plus the safc and the garret GT 2510 turbo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts