Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here, hi folks.

I'm going to look at an R32 GTS 2.0l non-turbo this afternoon. It's at a car auction so only have time for a brief look - anything in particular I should look for ?

I think I can get it for around £2,500 - is this reasonable for an M reg car with 70,000 miles on it. Saw it briefly last night - bodywork looks totally straight. Not sure if they'll let me hear it running before I stick in an offer for it.

Thanks for any help you can give. Will be going to see the car about 3pm.

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bit more info

The car is on an L plate, has 67,000km on it and it's an auto. It has a few minor scrapes (no dents) and the alloys are a bit scraped up as well.

If this worth £2,500 or would I be better off saving some more dosh for a GTS-t ?

Cheers
Gary

E

·
0 Posts
Make your mind up. L or M reg,67 0r 70k,totally straight or a few scrapes :D

Price sounds ok. £2500 for a Skyline. Be careful buying from an auction. From what i remember you only get an hour to take it out,test it & change your mind.

The car will be running when they drive it into the auction area so you can hear it then.

If you can take someone who knows a bit about cars with you. It may be a Skyline but at the end of the day its still just a car the same as the rest.

Ps dont make the mistake of buyng the 1st 1 you see. Unless its at a bargain price of course:D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
decisions decisions

Sorry for confusion re description, saw the car briefly at the auction on Monday night, then went and checked it out more carefully this afternoon.

There is no trial at the auction i go to - once you've bid that's it. If you saw a car passing through and bid, then went outside and saw it was a shed, then you could drop your bid but you'd still lose the £300 deposit.

I think the next time it'll be in an auction will be Saturday, so I've got a bit of time to think about it.

Mileage is showing as 67,000 km but it's not guaranteed.

The description on the car does not state whether it's 2.0ltr or 2.5, and also does not state whether it's turbo or not. The only badge on the outside is "GTS" and it has the 4 stud wheels - does this mean that it must be a 2.0litre non-turbo ?

Is there any way to tell from the chassis number as this is shown on the info sheet (no engine number though).

Finally does the price seem like a bargain, or just ok ?

Cheers again
Gary

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
to be honest, if the details are really sketchy it may be worth leaving....wait until Saturday when you can see it running and have a better look at the engine, if it goes at a low price and bidding is slow, I guess go for it......

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
the 4 stud bit is right, also the GT badges on the front wings should be blue for a non turbo

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cannae remember

The GT badges where either white/black or white/dark blue.

What colour would they be for a turbo ?

Don't think I have much chance of getting it much cheaper as £2000 was bid on Monday and that didn't meet the reserve.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where in the UK are you? If you go to southhampton Jap car auctions there are hundereds of cars going for VERY little money. A friend of mine Lee who comes on this forums bro picked up an evo1 for about £2000 so im sure you could find a GTS for around that price or cheaper.

im sure he will post the link for you as I dont have it on hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts