Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i changed my r33 gtst clutch 2 weeks ago the clutch was squeaking like mad read up on other posts that it was the release baring so gresed it up noticed when doing this that there was a lot of play in the arm of the slave cylinder and theres a gape whare it meets the baring arm is this normel or do i need a new slave cylinder:cya:

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we had a bit of a job geting the gear box in all the bolts lined up propley on the clutch and the gear box i tuck the bouth off today and greased up the relise baring the squeeking went away for a bit but its back agen mate.would i have to take the gear box off agen to realine the clutch arm propley or is there a easyer way of geting it to line up mate

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
the boxes are a bastard to get re-aligned, you should be able to get it back in place whilst its still on, its a bit tricky but with patience yr do it, did it do this before you changed the clutch

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now mate was running good mind u the car was only in 2weeks when started to slip.the clutch was a second hand one that was fitted to it it was marked with a pen you would see them mark things in a scrap yard.what would be the best way to get it lined up i have a lift in the garage so at least can get at it propley

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
all you need to do is disconnect the arm from the slave cylinder from the clutch arm and then make sure the clutch arm is clipped in, it should slide back and forth from front to rear, but not side to side, it has 2 locating slots which are attatched to the release bearing, and a pivot mount on the bell housing.......once its connected re-connect the slave cylinder arm to the clutch arm....

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice one ill do that monday.my slave cylinder arm only sits agenst my clutch arm there is noting holding them to each other only when my clutch arm comes in contact with the slave cylinder that they met cheers for the help mate what would i do with out yous guys and girls to call apon

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi mate had a look at the when i went to move the clutch arm it was totley louse as if wasint on the relise baring at all got it to go a bit tighter till the weather turned so going to have a go tomorow just couldint believe how louse the clutch arm was it moves forward and back and up asnd down far to easy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts