Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted my Blitz bov + hard pipe,i left the recirc in its original place,i have blanked it with a piece of aluminium,but my question is it's ok if i fit the black recirc pipe back into the recirc bov as normal or blank it of with a plug??

:cheers:

Attachments

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Id leave them both running if it was me... I bought mine with the 2 running and had no issues..

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id leave them both running if it was me... I bought mine with the 2 running and had no issues..
Is this any good with both running? as i want only Blitz one to work as i hear that with 2 bov's the pressure isn't well for the atmospheric one.
didn't aswer my question tho its ok how it is or need to blank the pipe with a plug? :attention: please :D

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok went for a drive tohight,and something its not right the Blitz bov dont work as insted of dumping the aer,its chattering like mad,never done this before when both bov's was working.:werd:

Please anyone i need some help here :worshippy: .

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
well iv head people putting after market bov's on have trouble with stalling at times i'd leave the two running and if your happy enough with the sound let het stay as she is?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Does it chatter before 3000rpm and then stop ???

Mine chatters upto 3000rpm after that it blows off as normal, Is also Blitz but I have removed the recirc due to having stalling problems with them both plumbed in.

I love the way it sounds :D:D:D:D

EDIT : Just read extra post. Just blank the recirc , I used a 4x can cut to shape LOL

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well iv head people putting after market bov's on have trouble with stalling at times i'd leave the two running and if your happy enough with the sound let het stay as she is?
The way she is now i dont like it at all,i rather run the both bov's together....as i dont like this chattering noise :swear: .

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it chatter before 3000rpm and then stop ???

Mine chatters upto 3000rpm after that it blows off as normal, Is also Blitz but I have removed the recirc due to having stalling problems with them both plumbed in.

I love the way it sounds :D:D:D:D

EDIT : Just read extra post. Just blank the recirc , I used a 4x can cut to shape LOL
Im only running one at the moment the Blitz one,i've blank the standard one but what i done i put the black pipe back into the blank standard bov(insted of blank it with a plug) maybe is this causing the chatter?,as before with both running was that nice pppssstttt noise from the Blitz one.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Im only running one at the moment the Blitz one,i've blank the standard one but what i done i put the black pipe back into the blank standard bov(insted of blank it with a plug) maybe is this causing the chatter?,as before with both running was that nice pppssstttt noise from the Blitz one.
The pipe from the Right hand side of the intake manifold that used to go to your recirc, should now being going to your BOV. IF not then your are not activating your BOV therefore getting major chatter.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

1. The pipe that comes from the right of the intake manifold ( or should be) goes straight to the Blitz Bov

2. I placed a blank plate in there sandwiched between the pipework and redundant recirc valve.

that should be it.

you should not have any other piping than that.

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

1. The pipe that comes from the right of the intake manifold ( or should be) goes straight to the Blitz Bov

2. I placed a blank plate in there sandwiched between the pipework and redundant recirc valve.

that should be it.

you should not have any other piping than that.

That's exactly how i done it :werd: ,tomorrow i will put the standard bov to working mode,tho i dont want to do it as the Blitz bov wont have to much pressure and to leave it like that i dont like the chattering noise i cant win cant i? :boxing: :whip:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
IF you had both connected at some point you may well have some piping that had a t-piece make sure that is removed. Other than that fella I have no suggestions.

This is mine !

I got a friend to make this up for me, but basically despite being in place of the Recirc ( which would be blanked) it is piped exactly as you have said, So my only thought is. IS your BOV working correctly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts