Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having acquired a goodly stock of Skyline engine bits over the years I suddenly realised that I wouldn't need much more stuff to build a spare engine for my R33 GTS-t. I bought some forged pistons and forged Tomei rods, some new valve springs and I already had some Apexi cams. I also had a suitable Garrett ball bearing turbo and a new HKS cast manifold. I did a basic head refresh with freshly cut seats, 4 new guides and a valve lap. I made a wastegate adaptor for a Tial wastegate I had. Not an exotic build, just a quick nailing together of parts to build a spare motor, but thought some of you might want to see it. Should make about 450 BHP with good torque. Put it together with a spare loom on it, a spare PAS pump and it will have a spare alternator and fan on it, so I can swap it over quickly.

http://www.chriswilson.tv/RB25_build/RB25_build.html

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
nice work there?whats the turbo?3071 r? manifold looks the tits!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice work there?whats the turbo?3071 r? manifold looks the tits!

It's a GT3582 from memory. I used it because they have the "ni-resist" high nickel content turbine housings so don't flake material from within the housing at elevated temps and erode the turbine blade tips. It's hard to find half decent aftermarket manifolds, most of the tube ones are plain junk, and the kits they come in don't address supporting the `gate or the turbo at all. I like cast manifolds for low budget builds.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Love the pics Chris, nice and clean :)
The HKS manifold looks great, any idea which one it is? Part number?
Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not been available from HKS for about ten years, if you search in Oz and the US, plus the Jap auction sites they still turn up though. Called an HKS cast iron low mount manifold. The one in the pics came from Oz. They did one for the RB26 too.

ftp://ftp.chriswilson.tv/hks_manifold

and Apexi make one that's high mount that fits both RB26 and RB25 engines as they are cast with a dual flange bolt pattern.... Clever!

I have one for sale complete with wastegate, downpipe, oil drain, oil feed, fittings et cetera. made 430 BHP at the wheels with Apexi hydraulic cams, bigger AFM (also for sale) and a Power FC (map can go with above)

ftp://ftp.chriswilson.tv/apexi_manifold

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts