Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd share these pics with you...

This happened last year, me and the missus came back from holiday and her bro picked us up from the airport. Just in the village near my house, we pull up behind a 360 Modena who floors it and goes speeding off. When we exit the village, there's the Ferrari again, stuck behind a coffin dodger. When the old guy turns off, the Ferrari driver floors it again but as we're clear of the village, my mate sees if he can keep up...which he does, then backs off when it get's a bit silly. As we go around the next corner, we can still see the Ferrari, which twitches, goes left, then right, then hits a tree, splits in half and explodes...

I sh*t you not...the driver walked away from this with a cut on his head and some burns on his back... As nothing interesting ever happens where i live, this made it into the local newspaper three weeks on the trot :D

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Oh my go how the hell did he walk away from that! i bet your everyday car would of held its self together batter than that! although how fast would you say he was going??

SPLIT IN HALF??? really thats mad!

·
Registered
110 Posts
SPLIT IN HALF??? really thats mad!

It's by design, it's like the mother of all crumple zones. When these things crash they can crash really fast and snapping the back half of the car of is a good way of dissipating energy. It also significantly reduces the weight of the passenger cell which should bring it to rest less violently.

As we can see, it works very well.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
cant belive he walked away from that! stupid question did it explode while he was in it?
Yep...the second it hit the tree it ripped in half and the engine section exploded. The fuel tank was ripped in half which sent fuel all over the front (which he was still in and was sitting at about a 50 degree angle up a tree).

You wouldn't believe how fast the cockpit section went up in flames though. By the time i got up to it (still in my bloody flip flops from holiday :D) i thought he was toast. We called out and then out of nowhere, there's this guy looking like a football hooligan... beer gut, no shirt and blood all over his head!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts