Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about an RSS feed? I don't know how they work but they are damn handy. Even if it was just for events and important notices. That way if you were in a situation where you only had a few minutes online you could go to newsgator etc and see if anything important was going on.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it stands for "Really Simple Syndication". Basically you set up an account with one of the RSS sites and then paste feeds you're interested in to it. Quite a few sites that get updated have them and it saves you trawling about looking for what you want to know.
Sorry it's a gash explanation but I'm not that computery myself Spearmint. The newsgator site explains it quite well though.

·
f o r u m p r i n c e s s
1,177 Posts
Yup, it tells you when something has been added to the site so you would have to limit the feed to stickies or something otherwise you get a sh*t load of threads and posts flagged up.

Lenny's the man for the techie stuff on this one.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
This is something I have looked in to already. I've not yet found a way to provide an RSS feed from the forum, but as soon as I do you'll know about it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
there are some vbulletin rss "hacks" but not all of them are compatible with IE7

Pope

·
Registered
3,716 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for that Lenny and Robopope, feeds seem to be working fine and it's a lot better than wading through tens of pages of new posts if you've been away from the computer for a couple of days. Hopefully I'm not the only person who will use the facility.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts