Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just bought a r32 GTST skyline, its pretty much standard, i havnt really noticed it before but 2day i saw that when i boost it the factory boost gauge only goes halfway up..

I dont think its in psi but neways, when ur driving slow it sits at -7, then as you climb the revs and floor it the boost gauge goes up to +7, but mine only goes up to about +3.5..

Basicly when I nail it the factory boost gauge isn't going up to the maximum boost, and I'm wondering if this is normal or it is a sign that somthing is wrong. So if ne other R32 owners know plz let me know thankz guys.

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
i would check for boost leaks, pipes not secured as normallys the gauge should read what would be around the 6 mark as std

Maybe even a sticky wastgate?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
get a aftermarket boost gauge as the standard ones are crap.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've got this problem too, my aftermarket guage seems to agree with the factory one too.

Can't see any apparent boost leaks, anywhere I should pecifically check?

I've got drift practice on tuesday so could really do with sorting it! :(

Alex B

·
Sir Snap a lot
1,093 Posts
My factory boost gauge does the same thing, it doesn't go anyway near the +7 mark.
I fitted an Apexi AVC-R and it is reading over 0.7 and spikes up about 8 the odd time so I know the factory guage is not telling the truth.

One place I did notice a leak........... stand in front of the car, look to the top left corner of your engine bay right up beside the black plastic under your windscreen. There is a 4/5mm black hose pipe running into a small black box on the bulk head, this as far as I know is going to your factory boost guage and is where I found a leak (it was split right at the box).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts