Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Here's how i ended up doing mine. Although when i was searching for the answer to this question the other year it threw up many ways to do it. I initially had it venting to atmosphere but changed back to this set up as it retains the vacuum to the breathers. Also i took the restrictor from the original pipe and kept it in place (not the one coming from the breather, the other one.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Darth. Know anywhere I can order some hoses for hooking it up? My can came with a crappy blue thing that looks like it's made from PVC.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Mine came with the same crap! I blagged that hose from a Pneumatics place round the corner from my work. Look for somewhere local and do the same :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Darth your catch tank isn't actually doing anything.

1st you've still got the standard breather S pipe coming out of the left cam cover (facing the car) and going into the plenum.

2nd the best thing to do is have the catch tank breathing to atmospher so there's no chance of any hot oil vapours getting sucked back into the intake by the turbo.
The main idea of a catch tank, you want the cams to be able to breathe between each other but that all the gases go to atmosphere but any oil vapors are caught by the tank.

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
handy thread!

Im in the same spot. But not sure how the tanks VTA if both the top breathers from the cams go to the tank using both top intakes on the tank? if you catch my drift...

what do you do with the crankcase breather?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
On mine i still have the pipe connected between the two cams so they can breathe to each other but the pipe that use to be connected to the intake pipe is now connected to the catch tank and the second connector on the catch tank has a pipercross crank case breather filter on it.

Have a look at my engine picture in my garage, ignore the blue pipe that goes over the engine from the intake pipe as its just blanked.

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
aha cheers bruce! ive got a kit on the way from Apex and i dont think they come with instructions...not that we use them anyhow lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts