Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
R32 parts compatability list

Ok guys since the R32's are coming close to the 25yr importation exemption law, lets get a list of CONFIRMED compatible parts that you can get here in the states.

RB26DETT engine:
Oil Filter (95-98 240SX) CONFIRMED
Z32 Fuel Filter (90-96 300ZX) pending...

Chassis:
Radio Harness METRA #70-1763 (89-93 240SX) CONFIRMED
4x6in. Front speakers CONFIRMED
6.5in. Rear speakers CONFIRMED
Steering wheel hub (S13 89-93 240SX) CONFIRMED

Suspension:
Front A-arms (90-96 300ZX Z32) pending...
Front Tie Rod Ends (90-96 300ZX Z32) pending...
Rear Upper Control arms (89-93 240SX) pending...
Rear Traction Rods (89-93 240SX) pending...
Rear Sub Frame Collars (S13) pending...
HICAS delete bar (S13) pending...

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Chassis:
Radio Harness METRA #70-1763 (89-93 240SX) CONFIRMED
4x6in. Front speakers CONFIRMED
6.5in. Rear speakers CONFIRMED
The stereo plugs are the same for (almost) ALL Nissans from the late 80's through to 1995 (iirc).

6" (or 6.5" as some call them) speakers can easily be fitted to the front of an R32. 6x4 are crap anyway....

·
Registered
63 Posts
He's right, I mounted 6.5" with very minor modification.

Things did get more complicated when I upgraded to Alpine Type-R's which are about 3/4" taller than regular coaxial's so I had to make a mount from MDF to stand it off from the wall of the door and dynamat...

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
You should be using MDF (or something similar) to mount them, regardless. Just use thicker MDF for deeper speakers :)
However, care needs to be taken when making the speaker pod.... the door card will hit it if it's not the right shape/too thick

As far as my work goes, this is untidy. It's only my car, not a customers and at the time I was in a huge rush to finish a pile of work on my car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking to fix the front left CV Axle, Hub and tie rods on a R32. Any compatibility there stateside?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had to buy front tie end rods and unless someone did otherwise, the Z32 is not interchangeable with the R32 GT-R. They might be with the GTS-T though.

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Z32 fuel filter is confirmed to work but doesn't fit back in the holder on my r32 gtr so I added new hose and moved it up by the battery area and it works amazing lads

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay lads.

Fuel Filter is Fram G5237. Same one as a 1996 Infinity J30.

Oil Filter is a Fram PH3682 or XG3682, which also fits a 1996 Infinity J30.

Front and rear brake pads are the same as a 1990 300ZX tt. The rear rotors, pads, calipers, and lines are identical. The front calipers and rotors are not the same between the GTR and 300zx, but the brake pads are.

Spark pulgs most people stateside run are NGK BCPR7EIX

The fuel tank top ring that you need when you replace your fuel pump is the same as an s14. Nissan #17342-79900

R32 Coil harness (frequently the cause of ignition problems, since the harness gets crispy on top the the motor) Nissan #24079-05U00

Any kind of HICAS eliminator kit that fits the 1990 300zx tt will fit the R32.

I'm sure I'll find more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found on another forum that the power steering rack on a R32 GTR is the same as a 300zx twin turbo besides the obvious steering rod being on the right side for the R32. I ordered all the seals, inner and outer tie rods from a 300zx TT so I'll report back when it gets here if it's the same.

I also found by switching to ARP extended wheel studs that the front studs are the same as the 300ZX TT, 350Z, and R35. They all have a 14mm knurl that presses in to the hub. The rears on the other hand are the exact same size as the fronts except they have a 13mm knurl. These are special order only from ARP and require a quantity of 2,000 to be ordered at a time. I found that Concept Z Performance actually has them in stock.

I'm replacing a front wheel bearing also. I read online that the R32 front knuckle and hub is the same as the first gen Altima (92-97). I ordered a bearing from NAPA saying I had a 96 Altima and the bearing was completely different from what I pulled out of my GTR. I returned it and ordered an actual Nissan bearing from the Nissan parts department so we'll see if it's the same and if it works when it shows up Monday. The rear hubs and bearings are the same as the 300ZX TT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You should remove the info about the Altima front hub bearings, to keep the thread clean.

Dash cluster LEDs are 5x 194 and 2x 74. Those are the sizes.

I cant find the sizes for the tri-pod in the console. If someone has the size of LEDs to order, I would be grateful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also gonna be looking for some new front CV Joints (For my 89 GTS-4) that should be the same as the GT-R, if anyone knows on a cross reference part for those, that would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I had to end up ordering a front wheel bearing from Japan for my R32 GTR because the front wheel bearing from the first gen Altima is not the same. I'm not sure but you could see if a Nissan Parts department can order the front bearing off of its part number.

BEARING ASSY-FR
40210-05U00

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay lads.

Fuel Filter is Fram G5237. Same one as a 1996 Infinity J30.

Oil Filter is a Fram PH3682 or XG3682, which also fits a 1996 Infinity J30.

Front and rear brake pads are the same as a 1990 300ZX tt. The rear rotors, pads, calipers, and lines are identical. The front calipers and rotors are not the same between the GTR and 300zx, but the brake pads are.

Spark pulgs most people stateside run are NGK BCPR7EIX

The fuel tank top ring that you need when you replace your fuel pump is the same as an s14. Nissan #17342-79900

R32 Coil harness (frequently the cause of ignition problems, since the harness gets crispy on top the the motor) Nissan #24079-05U00

Any kind of HICAS eliminator kit that fits the 1990 300zx tt will fit the R32.

I'm sure I'll find more.
Anyone know if there is crossover for the front rotors with any other models? My R32 GTR needs em...

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts