Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 5/6 years of owning a R33 GTR and regretting every day of selling it I am finally back into skyline ownership and man I think I have got myself one of the best!

Some of you all may know it as Rains R32 Deux Ex and I thought it would be fitting to keep that name alive as it was such a special build.

For those of you who don't know the car it is a R32 GTR that was built mainly by Endless in Japan. It's a 2.8 stroked RB with a R34 6 Speed Getrag gearbox and R35 front brakes. There is obviously a lot more to the spec but I will do a full update in another post, this is more a little introduction.

The car has been sat for roughly 5 years in the UK in dry storage and I was in conversation with Rain about it for 2 years trying to buy it and finally that day has come.

During it's time in the UK it spent a lot of time with Bob at Zealou5, one of the notable items (or two more aptly) were changing out the turbos for new Garret water/oil cooled -5s. That of course has put the map out on the car and rather than find a tuning garage to work on the old school ECU I am arranging to have a Syvecs fitting over the coming months.

The car is currently having a general once over along with a service/cambelt/ change.

I have quite a bit planned for this car and will be updating as often as possible. I will pop some photos in a new post. I haven't taken much yet as I was too excited collecting it yesterday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big thanks to Matty who sent over a brand new R34 Gearknob to replace the white Nismo one I think is out of place on the interior and some genuine endless dust caps to keep everything in line with the whole "endless" build.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple more bits on the way.

I have ordered the expreme Ti downpipe and decat pipe to complete a full ti exhaust all the way from the turbos.

Along with that Matty has very kindly sorted a Fuji carbon spoiler for me which is arriving today/tomorrow so I will update with photos when that comes.

Finally I have ordered a Pioneer Double Din android headunit to replace old school Kenwood in there so I can run the Syvecs bluetooth app for engine monitoring without the need for gauges.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More bits are arriving, this time the Expreme Ti Downpipe. Bloody amazing bit of kit and didn't realise it came as three separate pipes. I have only ever seen down pipes as one single piece before.

As always amazing quality welds on the pipes and extremely light, a small downside is one of the pipes is a little bent on the end but nothing that can't be bent back (although it's not really needed).

This is the first time I have ever seen these as they are so bloody expensive not many people are daft enough to buy them.

Just the Ti decat to arrive now.

Imgur

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow amazing car m8 :)) mine is a rusty as **** lol but it will see a rebuild in a few years were is the best place to find a r33 shell?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts