Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my R32 GTR boot lock doesn't open with the key (it is seized)

If a locksmith cannot unseize it

Will I be able to replace it with a K11 Nissan Micra lock? (As they are easier to get a hold of)

If not, where is the best place to get a working R32 GTR boot lock (where you insert the key) new or used?

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is a common enough issue. There is a little metal switch on the lock assembly, try moving this. I forget exactly where on the lock and the orientation but it's straight forward enough. Mine was all jammed up with crud so I took it off and gave it a good bath in paraffin, bit of adjustment and a squirt of light oil and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a common enough issue. There is a little metal switch on the lock assembly, try moving this. I forget exactly where on the lock and the orientation but it's straight forward enough. Mine was all jammed up with crud so I took it off and gave it a good bath in paraffin, bit of adjustment and a squirt of light oil and it's been fine ever since.
Thank you

Where abouts is the metal switch on the lock assembly?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How easy is the lock to remove from the boot, any ideas how to do it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also my battery has been relocated to the boot

Is there a way you can trickle charge from the R32 engine bay?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've got an R33 myself so may be a bit different. I was never in a position where I couldn't open the boot. Worth having a look around the threads here and on other sites as this is a very common issue. Bound to be some help.
I would go take photos but I'm currently parked arse first towards a hedge and it's snowing outside😄. Once your in though the lever is self evident (behind a little plastic flap on mine if I remember right) and the assembly is very easy indeed to remove. So easy that trust me, once you see it you'll have it out in no time.
Removing the boot lock is also very easy and there are plenty of write ups with pictures on how to remove it.
Once you get the boot open then remove the inner cover and you should see the lock, ots held in with a simple clip. Wish I could remember better in detail but as I say there's plenty info on this and other sites.
As for the trickle charge, I would maybe just hold out until you get in rather than risk it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh BTW, if you pull the back seats out I think there's a small access hatch going into the boot. Could be handy to know. Also have you tried spraying a little penetrating oil in the lock and working the key around? Might just be siezed.
I think the metal latch only stops you using the fuel flap/boot lever inside the car.
Make sure you've tried all the keys you've got for it too just in case😆 Had that one before with an old Merc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts