Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting white smoke on overrun on my r32 gtr, after inspecting the turbos they looked fine.When i did a compression test the following results came up

I then dropped some oil into cylinder six and re tested the it went up to 90psiBefore i make judgement that the ringlands have had it and go ahead and pulling the engine out..anything else you would do before saying the ringkands are conclusively goosed, i was thinking of having a look with a boroscope, i have a feeling the bores might be scored too, i was shocked on how low the number was i was expecying at least 100 (dry) that would show rings but 60!!!Thoughts and advice on the above please....not a good start to my holidays* :(

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Regardless of what it is the engine will need pulled to fully inspect it

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
As above. You won't know the full extent until you strip the engine down

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...engine needs to be pulled

Can you remove all the gubbins at the radiator support bar and pull the engine straight out rather than having to liftvover that rad support bar...i know its more work but is it possibke?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not unless you cut the front panel off. The support bar/ slam panel is welded onto the inner wings.
It is doable but you'd have to either reweld or bolt back on.
Realistically it's out the top or drop it through the bottom.

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Engine is a piece of piss to pull out from above on the gtr hell you even leave the gearbox on and pull it out in a oner

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
hell you even leave the gearbox on and pull it out in a oner
That's how I did it on my old R33. It's much easier when it comes to refitting as you don't have to worry about lining up with the gearbox and getting over the engine mounts.
Shouldn't take you too long to do :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts