Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so everythng works perfectly in my GTR ... however any time i get on a motorway, after about ten mins of driving at any speed the hicas light comes on !

It doesnt ever come on around town etc only ever on the motorway ! It always resets fine after you turn ignition off then back on ??

Any thoughts ??

Ill be removing it soon anyways but id like it to stop annoying me in the meantime ! LOL

·
i like pussy
811 Posts
just take out the bulb then lol

if it has had the spedo converted to mph the convertor may be playing up and causing the hicas problem

·
Slightly over-seasoned member
581 Posts
Ok so everythng works perfectly in my GTR ... however any time i get on a motorway, after about ten mins of driving at any speed the hicas light comes on !

It doesnt ever come on around town etc only ever on the motorway ! It always resets fine after you turn ignition off then back on ??

Any thoughts ??

Ill be removing it soon anyways but id like it to stop annoying me in the meantime ! LOL
Mine does exactly the same, been doing it for over 7k miles so i don't think its anything to worry about.

·
Altered Beast!!!
753 Posts
Easy fix this, hopefully!!!
Really you should get the alignment done to meke sure the steering wheel is nice and straight, but you can try the next bit without doing this if you like...
Park the car on level ground making sure the wheels are straight. Disconnect the battery for 20 mins then reconnect, this should reset the Hicas...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh cool :)

Yeh thinking about it now the wheel sits off to the left slightly actually !

It wont be the converter for MPH as on the R32 its a mechanical one and not an electrical POS !! LOL

I forgot you can do the calibration thing with the battery off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts