Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys apologies if this has been covered before..... I have searched for weeks and pulled up similar cases but not the same as mine.

I have recently bought a 1992 r32 gtr.
Mods as far as im aware are :
kakimoto ecu
k&n pod filters
cat back 3" exhaust with cat removed

My problems are car will boost 0.6 to about 4 to 4500 rpm and then hold back and miss..
i have roughly inspected intercooler pipes and clamps and all seems to be in order, Just had a new set of plugs and coil packs put in(Brand new). cleaned afms thinking about re soldering points in afms as a precautionary thing (could it be related).I have paper clipped the ecu diagnostic port and got code 55 no faults. i have always wanted to own one of these cars and expected some issues from a 25 year old car. but this issue has got me stumped. i dont want to go out and replace every suspect sensor, component and burn money. just wondering have any of you guys run into these problems and found out what it was.? I want to exhaust all avenues at home in the garage before spending money on something i could have found myself.
any ideas fire away any advice will be welcomed.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :D

There are a ton of threads about being sluggish/missfiring... My advice is to use the search function underneath the banner and that may give you a few more things to check :D

Heres a thread which may help....

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/139-faqs/136171-high-revs-missfire.html

Good luck and if you sort, let us know what the issue was :) Don't give up on her, when they run, they are great, haha :D

P.s... Id also look into the ECU... Id personally get rid and get a PFC and remap...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there thanks for advice. I have searched multiple forums and end up at square 1. I will re solder afms this weekend and elimintate them from the equation. I tried a stock ecu and it had the same problem if afms dont sort the problem i will take into a shop and have a pressure check done, Could be a boost leak somewhere.. when i have afms off will check actuators and see if they move and not stuck open... and check turbos are spinning freely and not seized up...
If the stock turbos come off there not going back on :p

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would doubt turbos.. If they were seized you wouldn't get anywhere! And the fact you are achieving boost for a little while before misfire as well?? Would suggest maybe not boost leak. The fact the engine is runnin up to that rpm would suggest maybe not MAF. Fuel pressure issue? If you can get a gauge on have a look. That would then point to pump or stock regulator. If you can get a wideband lambda on it you could at least see if it's slowly leaning off then missing or just like a brick wall! I know if you don't have the stuff to check all easier said than done!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for your reply. I have just solved the issue i re soldered the afms on all connections including main boards good as gold now. boosts a solid bar right through the rev ranges, going to leave it now as its a fresh import and possibly needs a tune. untill i do cam belt and get it in to check air fuel ratios will besitting in my garage untouched

·
Super Moderator
8,995 Posts
it seems to me a MAF problem..
Hi thanks for your reply. I have just solved the issue i re soldered the afms on all connections including main boards good as gold now. boosts a solid bar right through the rev ranges, going to leave it now as its a fresh import and possibly needs a tune. untill i do cam belt and get it in to check air fuel ratios will besitting in my garage untouched

1 - 8 of 8 Posts