Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Im looking for a skyline and im hoping to get some answers from here :dunce:

Im looking at an R32 GTR OR R33 GTS-T Turbo.

If i get the R32 GTR im looking to do some performance mods to increase it to around 500 bhp.

If i get the R33 GTS-T i would take the engine out and install a LS2 6.0 V8 engine creating 400 bhp then do a few more mods to take it up to 500.

Out of thoses 2 choices what would do you think would be best?

I know the LSengine is best suited for rear wheel drive cars so the GTST would be a good start.

What you think
:cool:

·
Registered
307 Posts
rwd is less to maintain and great fun and ls engines are awesome :)

of the line grip of a gtr is awesome.

it really depends what you want from the car.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
get the gtr , if you want an american engine go buy an american car , by the way whats wrong with taking the rb25 to 500 bhp or if you really want to remove the rb25 then whats wrong with putting the rb26 in its place

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
as above i would go for the R32 GTR or the R33 with an RB26

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so putting the LS2 engine into a GTS-T aint worth it ?

How quick are the r32 GTR? what about tuning easy to take to 500 + bhp?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i can see the all ally ls engine being quite a good option for a gtst,i bet its lighter than a pig irom rb!

·
North highlands area rep
7,857 Posts
R33 GTST is more fun.as for the LS2 6.0 V8 engine creating 400 bhp then do a few more mods to take it up to 500. what a waste of money that would be stick the rb.,

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
V8 gtst, sorry but RB's are boat anchors in comparison!!

LS is a wall of torque, all alloy, easy to super or turbo charge for 700+ ponies, and those are real shire horses not the little japanese ones lol

not keen on 33's though

:timebomb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about a GSTS with a GTR engine ? If so anyone know where i can get a GTR engine brand new ( i know this will be a few £K )

Is there a BIG diffrence between the GTR and GTS-T ( with GTR engine )

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the rb26 has solid lifters,individual throttles and and extra 100cc capacity,i wouldnt bother going rb26 personaly,i would either build the rb25 or do the v8

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The gtst is cheaper to start with so I might go for that then build it over time.

Main question - will the ls2 engine fit in ? If not what will need done to make it fit?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
yes theres enough space to fit an ls in the skylines bay,might be worth doing a search of american nissan forums as theres quite a lot of v8 powered datsuns and nissans over the pond
the apex performance r33 drift car has a v8,albeit on ancient carbs!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
you will need a gearbox and some mounts,the ends of the fuel system in the engine bay will need changing,the skyline rad probably wont be the right fitting ect ect,the usual stuff you get when swapping engines out into different cars!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Erm, why?

GTS-Ts are very cheap now, you can take it to 300 BHP for pennies, then a couple of grand into a turbo (and supporting mods) and you will have 450+ BHP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts