Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
now i started this project a few moths back and up untill now had not managed to post anything so im playing catch up at the mo so progress will appear thick and fast....

i purchased my 32 gtr a few months back and its now my 4th skyline after 2 33 gtst's and a 34 gtt. Was a nice handling car with nismo bushes and nismo coilovers and a nice nismo exhaust. Fairly stock car with 71000 kmh and a dyno for 345hp at the flywheel. it looked in really good nic but did suffer from the typical rusty sills and a few minor bits of rust allthough the arches were mints so thats a plus. Here are some pics as it was straight after purchase

now i was relly happy with the cars handling and performance (although i will be upping the power soon) but i really wanted the car to look mint. so i went to my local bodyshop and this is were its been having a windows out respray. im getting it done in titanium grey but for cost will leave the stadard engine bay grey (although the turret tops will be freshened up). The first job was removing all the old paint and panels.

apologies for some blurry pics

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the car had had a shunt at some point as one of the wings (damn those things are light even for aluminium) was a different colour underneath and the sill also had a dent in it but overall there was no nasty hidden horrors. The glass was then removed so the rest of the paint could be removed. and it turns out that the windscreen had recently been replaced and the paint had been scratched during the repair and was rusting were the screen is bonded in so its just as well it was being removed anyway.

sill being repaired

the sills were then cut and plated were the rust had set in and then the car was primed including all the doors and boot etc

the the painting starts...i chose something a bit different for the paint a nice titanium grey from a r35 not the cheapest paint but worth it :) this is still to be polished and is just how it came from the spray booth but im very happy with there work.

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here some parts that turned up so far

full legnth carbon slam panel brought second hand.

some corbeau seats

new gear gaiters

some r33 gtr wheels and tyres from the gtr shop as well as the new window seal kit (not pictured) so cheers dave for your help with that

and some genuine nismo rear spats

some pics of car with windows now in

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my new (used) badge arrived.....
chose the 33 gtr one on the end the r35 badge is nicer but looks a little to new for my car....and there bloody expensive so that was half the decision made for me lol.

couple of shots with my 33 gtr wheels ( 9" wide x 17" tall) and 265 tyres against the 32 gtr 16" x 8.5 wide wheels and 225 tyres. should look good once there refurbed in bronze (like volks bronze) although i may have to run without center caps or at least not the original ones as there proving hard to find....maybe another model of nissan ones fit....

and other pics.....including what the paint looks like in brighter light :wink:

boot (as with all the paint this still needs polishing to give the final finish)

sideskirts

my new (used) hinges

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here are some more pics with the front bumper, lights and grill in. the rear arches so far have been wax oiled. the larger wheels are going away tuseday to be refurbed in gloss black (no other shade of gunmetal, bronze or gold looked a different enough shade from the changing colour of the bodywork....though it should look pretty cool with black wheels anyway) then the car will be polished with the sideskirts, rear spats, spoiler and badges fitted. then the underside will be cleaned and wax oiled and it will then be complete.

pics but car was very dusty :)

this is how it now sits and i hope to have more pictures this weekend...

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes indeed and many thanks....if you have a couple of stickers that would fit in the 1/4 windows i would gladly advertise your site as I intend to show the car once its finished.
(preferably white if pos)

ive been keenly watching your hakosuka skyline project and cant wait to see the pics once its finished.

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers mate. hopefully it should be mostly finished this weekend (dont know if the new wheels will be on but i will get some more pics)

once its back i can then start fitting the seats, slam panel and other new bits and pieces.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Sweet motor I love dark grey 32s. Mmmmmmmm

·
Registered
147 Posts
That looks class already.

After the final polish and finish of the badge details etc it'll look mighty fine!

Well done, good work.

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers all...

the paint is now being polished and the wheels have been refurbed in black so hopefully should suit the car colour nicely.

·
#Team Morris - FULLY F**KED
1,978 Posts
what tyre sizes are on those 33 wheels, i have a spare set for my 32gtr and they have 225's stretched on them. Obviously these will last 5 mins! just wondered what to replace them with. also thinking of having my rota's done black now. looks lovely against the grey. mint car you have there, well done:cheers:

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hello mate yeh hopefully wont be much longer now. hows it going with yours.

and 7oby the 33 gtr wheels have 265 tyres on them so should be enough grip lol probably would be fine with 255 or maybe 245 tyres ? if you wanted to keep the costs down a bit.

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i hope you get it all sorted soon mate and that you can keep it...its nice having another fellow skyline owner about.

heres a few more pics

the cars has been polished but is very dusty again lol.

hoepfully the wheels and tyres wont scrub on full lock....265 wide tyres all round should be nice. probably could do with spacers but im happy with how they are for now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts