Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 93 r32 gts automatic 2 liter turbo, when driving at about 70 mph and at 4000 revs when i start to accelerate more the whole car starts shaking quite badly it also does it at slower speeds but not as badly. if i force the car to change up a gear it stops dooing it, it seems to do it while in 3rd and 4th gear at about 4000 revs. any ideas whats causing this as its getting annoying. i thought it may have been a fueling problem as the fule pipe in the engine bad had a leak in it but after replacing the pipe it is still dooing it tho not as bad. if you have any ideas on why its dooing it or how to fix it would be goog.

Ant

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I am by no means an expert on skylines or Autos but from general knowledge that I've had in the last 3 years of driving I would say possibly your auto transmission oil could be low therefore the gearbox is not liking certain gears, most auto gearboxes have a dipstick for the gearbox oil inside the engine, or possibly if you had a fuel leak before did the people who fixed the leak ensure there were no others anywhere else along the line? Also did they ensure there was no airlock in the system. To be honest I'm not sure if it's possible to have an airlock in a fuel system but since you can have an airlock in a cooling system and it is basically the same kind of thing with it being full of liquid which is constantly removed and replenished yet the airlock remains until you deliberately do something about it I would assume you can. Also if the fuel leak was sucking in dirty air with it being in your engine bay perhaps your injectors are clogged. Try running some STP fuel injector cleaner through it on your next full tank as even if this is not the problem it is always adviseable to do this every so often anyway as they do get clogged.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Hi Ant

yeah i'd tend to say engine / gbox mounts or even diff mounts, sounds scary :0 (i've got a r32gtst auto, glad to say mine doesnt do it)

I had that fuel hose thing too I doubt that would be causing this tho, unless you feel like your loosing power or the vibration is coming from a misfire (tho normally the ecu would cut the ignition before it got bad enough to shake the car)

Alex

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the ideas will have a look tomorrow, also since i got the car the fuel useage seems silly, about 200 kilomiters out of a full 60 liter tank. i hope its not ment to be this bad but i think its not running very happy, could under or over fueling be causing the car to shake like this. not being enough power available to drive the car properly. it was running rich when i first got it but after a service and new plugs it seems to be a bit better.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
have you reset the ecu since your service? always worth a go. all you do is distonnect the battery for 30 mins or so and then take the car out for a good spank and the ecu will relearn the correct timing etc. this is good after youve done a service cause the enigie will be running differently.

I get 300-400 a tank out of mine but it does depend on how much of the time your on boost (on a track day i'll do 250 on a tank)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts