Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as im now plannign for the car over winter. i need to upgrade the brakes.
when i have the money ill be puttin a rb25det engine in, and obv tuning it.

what are the options for the brakes. r32gtr?
anyone got any info on this convertion, or are there companies that make larger brake kits for the gts-t
i could do with making sure the thing stops before i upgrade power haha

cheers guys

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I stuck a set of DBA golds on mine with Endless Super Street S Sport pads. Combination worked out excellent, I even did a track day with them and they were outstanding.
Was around £700-ish all in, pads came from Nengun and the rotors from Envy.

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
i also went for the dba golds with cheaper pads for every day use cos the race one's sound nasty and braided brake hoses all in £687 fitted. if you need the braided hoses let me know cos nowhere in uk does them

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
just done the brakes on my 32
r34 gt discs
r33 calipers
standard pads
dot5.1 fluid
total cost 190quid

best upgrade i have done. so much more 'feel' to the brakes.
all the standard pipework fitted with no problems at all.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Red Dot racing do a 330mm big brake conversion for around £500 inc grooved disc's, red stuff pads, caliper spacers etc all the bits you need, Eagle Eye is using them on his R32 GTST and doesn't stop going on about them.

If you cant stretch to that then the DBA 4000 6x6 and EBC red stuff pads are the next best thing.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you reckon them red dot would be good for my final set up which is 350-400bhp for prob late 2008 to 2009

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i also went for the dba golds with cheaper pads for every day use cos the race one's sound nasty and braided brake hoses all in £687 fitted. if you need the braided hoses let me know cos nowhere in uk does them
er your wrong on that one. goodridge and hose solutions both do brake hose kits :D

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
..and braided hoses can be made to measure for around £35 from www.earls.co.uk at their Silverstone base. They are part of the Holley Group so reputable and reliable, not to mention versatile!

Aitch

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will having a big brake conversion up front and upgraded pads and dics at rear be ok?
also looking at the db power stuff

·
Registered
199 Posts
ive just put hi-spec monster 4s on my 32 with 350 rotors,hard braking from speed nearly makes your eyes pop out,im converting the calipers from the front to go on my rears but having trouble finding a disc set coz of inboard handbrake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts